At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Accounting Technician for our growing U.S. Corporate Tax team. Providing the highest level of excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Tax team works with individuals and organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors providing comprehensive strategies that minimize risk, meet tax compliance and reporting requirements, drive efficiencies and maximize returns. Specifically, our U.S. Corporate Tax team assists businesses with cross-border issues to strategically plan and manage their tax liability.
- Prepare U.S. corporate and partnership federal and state income tax returns
- Review and analyze trial balances, asset continuity schedules, and sales breakdown in preparing tax return workpapers
- Enter tax return information into business tax return preparation software
- Self review of work for completeness and accuracy
- Correspond with team members in response to specific tax queries
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise team members of project status and issues as they arise
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
- Contribute to a positive and respectful work environment
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and U.S. tax knowledge
- Possess a post-secondary diploma or certificate in accounting or another relevant field
- One (1) to three (3) years experience in an accounting and/or client service environment is preferred
- Previous experience with financial statement analysis and preparation of tax returns is an asset
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as CaseWare or GoSystem is an asset
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!