Corix Water Products has a Full-time 20 month maternity leave contract position for an Accounts Payable Clerk at our Richmond office. The successful candidate will have strong time management and prioritization skills, be able to learn on the fly while providing outstanding customer service and thrive in a fast paced work environment. A team player with a positive personality, strong work ethic and attention to detail and accuracy are a must. It is recommended that our employees must have access to a vehicle as public transit access to our building is extremely limited.
- Processing vendor invoices for payment according to cheque run schedules and ensuring timely payment of early discount invoices. Negotiating extensions with vendors if payments delays occur;
- Ensuring accuracy of invoices including matching prices and item quantities to ensure inventory unit value accuracy. Verifying expense categories, vendor calculations, payment currency and correct tax compliance with current federal and provincial tax regulations;
- Investigating and resolving any issues and reconciling differences quickly with vendors and the branch personnel. This requires excellent analytical skills, strong listening and verbal communication skills including the ability to compose brief articulate email responses;
- Maintaining good relations with our key vendors to ensure smoother operations for our branches;
- Ability to be flexible and assist the Accounts Payable team where deemed necessary with changing demands;
- Providing vacation relief to other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years related relevant work experience in a Finance Department in a multi-company environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of current federal and provincial tax regulations (GST, HST and PST);
- Exceptional time management and organizational abilities;
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a high degree of customer service, while prioritizing and balancing competing interests;
- High adaptability to change;
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills with an ability to communicate complex problems and explain solutions;
- Excellent command of English, along with strong communications and interpersonal skills are a must;
- Intermediate computer skills using Windows and MS Office Suite;
- Navision or similar ERP financial systems experience considered an asset;
- Formal accounting education an asset;
- Accurate and high speed data entry and calculator skills;
- Ability to self-motivate and be an effective team player;
- Discretion with confidential matters;
- Willingness to take on ad hoc projects.
Application Expiry Date:
This position will remain open until filled.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at:
***Corix Water Products employees must apply via our internal portal***
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request.Overview
Corix Water Products provides quality service and solutions from waterworks and irrigation supplies to water meters, engineered products, and packaged systems.Our team is committed to providing expert knowledge and superior customer service. We offer a comprehensive and flexible approach to delivering the right solution, from product and equipment supply to full system design, construction, operations, and maintenance.
We maintain one of the largest single-source inventories in the industry and also carry exclusive product lines:
•Drainage •Engineered Products and Packaged Systems•Geosynthetics•HDPE•Industrial and Mining•Irrigation•Mechanical•Meters•Municipal Water and Wastewater•Pumps•Valves•Transmission Main Products
Corix Water Products is a subsidiary of the Deschênes Group. Founded in 1940, the Deschênes Group Inc. is a private family-owned company and a leading North American distributor of plumbing and heating products, electrical and industrial supplies, fire protection, refrigeration, air-conditioning, and ventilation products, and waterworks and sewer systems.