ARE YOU AN ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST LOOKING TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Our client is looking for an experienced professional to join their team for a 6 month contract.
Accounts Receivable Specialist - 6 Month Contract
Our Client is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist that will be reporting directly to the Accounting Manager.
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for accounts receivable day-to-day operations, including invoicing, collections, credit analysis, customer payment reconciliation, sales reporting and analysis
- Demonstrate initiative, particularly in the areas of collections and reporting
- Set-up and maintain customer accounts
- Review and analyze credits and terms for new accounts using credit reports or other tools
- Ensure invoices are generated and sent out to customers in timely manner
- Ensure tax codes and currencies are applied properly to invoices
- Closely monitor accounts receivable aging and initiate collections in accordance with company collection policies
- Post incoming payments and reconcile payments to customer accounts on daily basis
- Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues related to delayed collections and escalate issues to other departments and management team as needed
- Process inter-company sales and transactions
- Perform bank reconciliations on payments received
- Provide weekly updates on AR outstanding balances with analysis to management team
- Customize and extract weekly or monthly sales/revenue reports for accounting and analytic purposes
- File and remit PST for out of provinces sales
- Process month-end closing as required, and reconcile sub-ledger to GL
- Assist on year-end closing and audit
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in accounts receivable role and minimum total 6+ years’ experience in accounting environment
- Intermediate to advance level with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Considerable experience in analyzing financial data and preparing reports
- Strong analytical, problem solving abilities and a keen attention to data
- Good communication skills and able to interact with all levels within and outside the organization
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #21027.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.