Location: North Bay, ON, CA
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Currently, Broadspectrum North America is rebranding to Ferrovial Services North America; both names may be visible during our rebranding process.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Office Manager
Maintains office operations by receiving and distributing communications; maintaining supplies and equipment; picking-up and delivering items; serving customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary Responsibilities and Key Deliverables
- Greets clients, customers and contractors that come into the office. Answers phone and retrieve faxes and mail. Sorts items and directs visitors to appropriate personnel.
- May assist with time cards under the direct supervision of an Office Manager. May enter timekeeping information into company system and perform some filing of timekeeping documentation.
- Responsible for completeness of overall files including: employee files, expense report files, invoices, etc.
- Assist with maintaining supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations.
- Prepare invoices for payment by ensuring proper documentation is attached, correct forms and submission forms are completed and payment signatures are obtained.
- Assist with scheduling miscellaneous meetings for office; may prepare communication pieces for distribution or may take notes from meeting with the intent to distribute to employees.
This position has the responsibility and authority to implement, and report to top management on the performance of the ISO 9001 Management Systems.
All other duties as assigned.
- General scheduling, Telephone Skills, Typing, Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Dependability, Attention to Detail, Administrative Writing Skills.
- This position requires a highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability. You must be willing to commit to working injury free and have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident. You must be able to communicate with co-workers safety instructions. You must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while properly using equipment as instructed.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with good driving record to drive a company vehicle. (Required)
Minimum Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
Some knowledge of office operations may be helpful
- The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand and/or walk for short periods of time. Use hands to finger; reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities include close and distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must practice safe work methods to remain accident and injury free, Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
Job Segment: Secretary, Administrative Assistant, Administrative