On behalf of our Vancouver based client, Ignite Technical Resources is searching for an Agile Coach/Agile Transformation Coach for a 6+ month contract opportunity.
The successful candidate will work to shift and transform the mindset of the organization to become more "Agile". You will educate and mentor all levels of the organization to foster a culture of "can do" and a desire of striving to consistently improve.
· Guides the team and organization on how to use agile practices methodologies
· Coaches the team; facilitates transparent and adaptive team culture
· Removes impediments such as cultural barriers or logistic challenges
· Fosters close cooperation across all team members, encourages cross-training and supporting each other
· Facilitates communication and collaboration inside and outside the team
· Implements Agile process, principles and practices across all levels of the team and organization
· Fosters self-organization and growth within the team
· Generates agile mindset in team through conversations, coaching, and role-playing exercises
· Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised and resolved
· Synchronize various squads activities and release process and manage risk and relationships among Squads within scope
Specific Activities includes:
1) Introducing the Agile approach
• Train Squad members
• Launch the Squad, set up result delivery processes
• Work on continuous development and improvement of methods (together with other Agile Coaches) and incorporate them into day-to-day work of the Squads
• Develop procedures for sharing knowledge and expertise within the tribe
2) Building highly effective squads
· Sets up and conducts the ceremonies on Squad level (prepares plans, proposals, backlogs by aggregating and analyzing information from POs, demos and retros)
· Participates all ceremonies for Squads in charge and supports/ facilitates process
· Supports coordination and synchronizes between Squads where needed
· Sets up and facilitates Tribe demonstrations and retrospectives
· Keeps an objective perspective on issues and troubleshoots by applying agile principles
3) Ensuring continuous improvement
· Promote self-organization and team spirit inside the Squad and Tribe, promotes continuous improvement, pushes for the right, not the easy solution
· Identify issues and successes of Squads. Assess Squad members and communicate improvement opportunities, hold 1:1 conversations with squad members
· Provides agile coaching to Tribe Lead, Product Owners, and Squad members
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in agile development, with specific Coaching or similar experience preferred
· Deep knowledge of relevant domains/products/journeys
· Ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team
· Confident and skilled at navigating the team through road-blocks to allow sprints to be completed on time
· Past experience as a developer is highly desired
· Ability to coach team on agile practices and ensures adherence to agile methodology to deliver maximum business value on time
· Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
· Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue, i.e. a strong mediator
· Actively coaches and mentors in order to grow and maximize the team’s potential
· Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume.
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best.
We’re wired for people.