Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
The Loans Practice Area (PA) is responsible for systems used to support the loans business in all its forms. Systems cover large scale corporate lending, secondary loan trading, commercial real estate, residential real estate and warehouse lending. A mixture of both in-house built and vendor applications are supported and developed by the group.
We are looking for an Agile Scrum Master to join the Warehouse development team within the Global Loans PA and play an important role in the multi-year Loans Renovation initiative.
Scrum is the methodology adopted with the Loans PA teams for product development but there is room for improvement. For now we are doing Agile, rather than being Agile.
As an Agile Scrum Master,
• Ensures that the team is fully functional and productive
• Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions
• Removes barrier and resolves impediments
• Shields the team from external interferences if need be
• Ensures that the process is followed, including issuing invitations to daily scrums, sprint reviews, and sprint planning
• Facilitates the daily scrums
• Contributes to Agile MS community
As any team member focusing on doing and delivering value: responsible for planning, design, development, testing, and project delivery following our standards.
To improve user experience, to deliver business value and to streamline our delivery pipeline are definitively part of your duties.
• 5 plus year’s experience in a similar role
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Scrum as an asset; strong knowledge of all the concepts: tasks, backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, user stories
• Knowledge of other Agile methodologies such as Kanban, XP, Lean
• JIRA master
• Servant leadership
• Collaboration and teamwork/teambuilding
• Value oriented
• Dealing with change/flexibility
• C#/SQL/Java technologies
• Problem solving
• Enterprise data architecture
• Software craftsmanship/agile development practices such as pair programming, TDD/BDD, continuous integration or feature toggles
• Financial background
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.