ABOUT OUR RESTAURANT
Suliko Catering is a soul of Georgia in the heart of Toronto that embraces all the charm of fine Georgian and European dining and the joy of a truly unique culinary experience. We can offer you a great choice of authentic and exceptional dishes you would not find elsewhere. Our menu varies from khachapuri, khinkali and different soups to a great number of salads and other delicatessens of Georgian cuisine. Only Suliko can give you unforgettable taste and emotions so you will want to come back again and again.
We are open Wednesday through Monday from 12:00 pm until 11:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to join us for lunch or dinner to taste the soul of Europe and Georgia at Suliko Catering!
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are currently looking for an Assistant Bar Manager to join our professional team consisting of skilled kitchen and office/ front-of-house staff. The ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of both classic and modern cocktails, as well as a superior knowledge of spirit drinks, various types of rails and lagers as well as wines. The successful applicant will assist management in leading the very busy bar area, craft vodka-infused drinks as well as direct a unique bar menu, with the cocktails rotating seasonally.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The duties and responsibilities in this capacity will be as follows:
- · Conduct inventory maintenance and management of liquor and bar supplies;
- · Work with management in making new liquor mixtures to further expand the restaurant’s famous alcohol menu;
- · Assist management in determining seasonal and promotional drinks based on special events, bar promotions and nightly specials;
- · Ensure quality control of prepared cocktails and upholding beverage standards in accordance with AGCO laws;
- · Oversee and direct purchasing operations of liquor including occasional negotiations with suppliers;
- · Manage bar personnel, and ensure that standards, policies and procedures are followed;
- · Ensure that all staff are knowledgeable on the health and safety regulations and implementing specific training procedures in accordance with the AGCO laws;
- · Ensure staff take responsibility for keeping track of stock and perform regular stock-takes and liquor temperature logs;
- · Keep up-to-date with provincial liquor licensing legislation including date of permit renewal;
- · Liaison with kitchen staff, suppliers, and other local businesses;
- · Handle liquor deliveries, resolving delivery discrepancies and ensuring the bar is stocked with proper beverages before service;
- · Assist management with staff promotion, training and recruitment;
- · Prepare weekly staff work schedule and monitor staff performance.
The following are the requirements and qualifications we are looking for:
- · Completion of Secondary Diploma;
- · At least 1-2 years of full-time experience and knowledge of hospitality industry, food and beverage service sector and its operations is a must;
- · Superior understanding of cocktail culture, infusion of drinks, menu development and drink design;
- · Demonstrate strong people skills including the ability to develop a team and delivering superior guest service.
- · Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient knowledge of the English language (written and oral).
- Open/flexible work availability
Term of employment: permanent, full-time position
Compensation: $22.50 per hour (appropriate overtime rate is applicable after 44 hours of work per week)
Work hours: 35 per week
Vacation: 10 days of paid time off each year after each 12-month vacation entitlement year
Restaurant location: 1311 Alness St. Unit 8, Concord ON, L4K 1E8Canada
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
If you feel like you are the one to perfectly fit the job description and its requirements, and you know you would bring interesting ideas to our restaurant, please feel free to apply with your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp. We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, but please note that only those that qualify will be invited for an interview.