Assistant Branch Manager-1800000066
In small and core branches, the Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) is a second-in-command leadership role in the branch. The ABM leads service staff (CSRs) and provides guidance, direction and coaching to these roles. ABMs are additionally responsible for hiring and performance management of these roles. When the Branch Manager is absent (e.g., for vacation, leave, extended hours), the ABM is responsible for day-to-day running of the branch, including coaching and managing Generalist and Associate Generalist Bankers, problem resolution, coordinating daily and weekly branch meetings, operational effectiveness and sales backfill (as needed).
A. 25%: Service Staff Management / Coaching
· Observe CSR interactions with customer by walking the branch floor and behind wickets
· Evaluate CSR performance on key evaluative and diagnostic metrics
· Provide regular feedback to CSRs through Coaching for Performance program
· Coordinate schedules using Branch Scheduler scheduling tool
· Ensure CSRs complete required training within acceptable timeframe
· Make hiring, promotion and dismissal decisions for service staff, as necessary
B. 25%: Customer Service
· Resolve customer service escalations and complaints
· Fulfill products for walk-in customers as backfill for Generalist and Associate Generalist Bankers, when peaks in demand require
C. 25%: Operations
· Ensure smooth day-to-day operations particularly for front-of-house activities
· Opening / closing, inventory management, general housekeeping
D. 15%: Regulatory and Audit Compliance
· Ensure all necessary forms are complete, accurate and submitted in a timely manner
E. 10%: Branch Manager Coverage (% of time allocated to BM Coverage will vary based on branch hours)
· Fill in for BM during leave, vacation, extended hours, or other absences, in addition to regular ABM duties
· Take on management and coaching activities for Generalist and Associate Generalist Bankers
· Resolve sales escalations and complaints
· Coordinate daily and weekly branch meetings
· Coordinate Generalist and Associate Generalist Banker scheduling during extended BM absences
F. 10%: Risk Management
· Protect the Bank's assets and maintain the quality of the lending portfolio by ensuring adherence to lending process requirements, and established yield, quality, diversification and risk guidelines
· Comply with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience RISR registered and lending qualified Branch Compliance Officer (BCO) qualified
· Brilliant at the Basics
· Excellent customer service aptitude
· Strong management, leadership and coaching capabilities
· Understands PandC Canadas technology and processes well, able to multi-task and delegate appropriately
· Possesses intimate knowledge of all aspects of PandC Canadas branch operations
· Understands full suite of financial products and comfortable answering questions and referring to the appropriate SME
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.