Cronos Consulting Group is an Engineering Search firm. We headhunt for stellar individuals within these sectors:Information Technology, Infrastructure (Transportation, Water, Energy), Mining, Consulting (all disciplines), Power Generation (hydro, nuclear and renewable – wind, solar etc), Environmental and Petrochemical.
- Compliance of Management System with Operating License requirements.
- Compliance with and/or achievement of industry standards such as, but not limited to, Pressure Boundary requirements, WANO Performance Objectives, ISO 14000, ISO 9000 and the ISO 18000.
- As a team member carry out assigned audit tasks and when faced with uncertainty seek instruction, advice, guidance and clarification as required to meet the objectives of the assigned audits and investigations. Ensure the validity, objectivity and factual content of observations. Ensure reasonable conclusions are made based on the evidence. Responsible to establish and maintain integrity of the observation results.
- On a project basis, participate on investigations to determine root causes of significant events and develop corrective action plans to correct the identified causes. As a team member carry out assigned investigation tasks and when faced with uncertainty seek instruction, advice, guidance and clarification as required to meet the objectives of the assigned audits and investigations.
- Ensure the validity, objectivity and factual content of observations.
- Ensure reasonable conclusions are made based on the evidence.
- Responsible to establish and maintain integrity of the observation results.
- Provide, as a team member, consultative services to coordinate work assignment, team activities, logical relationships and to verify resources, tools and project design is aligned with the ongoing affected work programs.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of the audit or investigation plans to senior staff.
- Participate in discussions regarding evaluation standards, objects and scope of the audits or investigations and, where differences of opinion exist, influencing these contacts to understand and accept the overall business need for the audits or investigations applying a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of audit and investigation reports to Executive members. Participate in discussions related to audit or investigation results and influence Executives to take appropriate corrective actions to ensure business success.
- On a project basis, evaluate the completion and effectiveness of Corrective Action Plans.
- Verify the completion and adequacy of peer Lead Auditors activities based on defined standards for qualification.
- Provide feedback, coaching and mentoring, as required, to improve performance.
- Participate in meetings with consultants and contractors, retained to support audits/investigations in such areas but not limited to fire protection and environmental impact related to internal license, to clarify the objective and scope of the work.
- Provide education, advice and coaching on internal methods and standards for audit or investigations.
- Identifying issues and concerns to Assigned Lead Auditors where internal standards will not be met by consultants and /or contractors and participating in the development of mitigating actions suitable to the company to meet Standards.
- Maintain an awareness of industry best practices and integrate them into internal audits/investigations.
- As required, provide business program support to the department by developing and revising procedures and/or audit schedules.
- Identify areas of concern and provide feedback to Audit Department for inclusion/consideration in the development of audit plans in related areas.
- Perform other duties as required.
Keywords: auditor, power, nuclear