Bell-staff are the welcoming party for Hotel guests. As such, are always ‘on-stage” to ensure excellent and welcoming guest service, including; a quick, courteous and proper greeting of all arriving guests, open doors, escort guests to their rooms, carry luggage and assist with guest and guest service requests. Clean & maintain entry ways and lobby, public areas and rest rooms. Assists with other duties as requested.
- Arrives to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Quickly and personably meets & greets guests upon arrival at Prince of Wales Hotel Property.
- Coordinates parking & payments for property and provides appropriate directions.
- Escorts incoming hotel guests to rooms, assists them in handling luggage.
- Offers information pertaining to available services and facilities of their location hotel/lodge, points of interest and entertainment attractions.
- On opening room for guests, ensures it is in order and properly supplied and explains operation of heater, lights, etc.
- Provides daily walking tour with narration, to groups and guests on history, location, points of interest, hours of service, etc.
- Continually observes, inspects lobby and public restrooms for cleanliness and maintenance issues.
- May deliver messages, extra towels, ice, rollaway beds and cribs, and run errands, etc. to guest rooms according to instructions from the front desk.
- Arranges tables and seating for special events.
- Tidies lobby throughout shift, empties ashtrays and waste receptacles throughout shift, checks public restrooms on the hour/every hour for neatness, trash, proper supplies and thorough cleanliness of hand basins and toilet areas, mirrors and floors, ensure that the booth, gates, and surrounding areas are kept clean, orderly, safe and operating efficiently at all times.
- Maintains cleanliness of bell staff area, parking booth, front porch, lobby and public areas.
- If and when scheduled as a lobby porter cleans and maintains all public rooms (meeting/convention rooms and other public areas).
- Cautions disorderly persons.
- Reports any unusual happenings, complaints or infraction of Company policy to Location Manager.
- Is an active member of the Emergency Action & Safety Teams and receives training from Company Fire Risk Manager in evacuation of hotel/lodge in the unlikely event of fire or other emergency.
- Adheres to all Company policies and regulations.
- Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested.
This list of duties is intended to be representative of many of the tasks associated with this role. However, Pursuit and The Glacier Park Collection reserve the right to modify, add, remove, or
otherwise change duties at their discretion based on the needs of the business.
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to regularly carry luggage, climb stairs, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Experience with POS and cash handling preferred.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Experience in animated storytelling preferred.
- Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
- Must possess valid/current driver’s license.
- Must communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with a solid attention to detail
- Must bring a keen eye for detail, organization, safety and cleanliness to improve GPC operations
- Must bring a positive, helpful, team-oriented, “we can do this together” attitude to all aspects of the job that inspires others
- Must exhibit a real curiosity about the business for GPC and for Pursuit overall
- Must ask good questions and drill down into details to improve the business
- Must process information quickly and take initiative to recommend solutions to challenges
- Must stay cool under pressure by being resilient, adaptable and flexible
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Waterton and must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Hotel in a National Park setting.
- Job entails constant moving, walking, bending, stretching, carrying heavy objects and climbing staircases (no elevator available).
- Position requires the frequent lifting of luggage and items in excess of 25lbs.
- Handles large amount of baggage by cart or hand up and down stairs.
- Non-smoking environment.