Our client, a growing and leading organization within their industry, is looking for a Benefits and Pension Specialist for an 18 month contract with chance of moving permanently. Reporting to the Director, HR, you will be responsible for the coordination and oversight of the benefit and defined contribution pension plans across several business units.
The successful individual will be accountable for day to day vendor management, benefits and pensions analytics and reporting, governance and compliance processes, employee communications and ensuring the benefits administration and delivery process is performed to the highest standard. This is a role for a seasoned professional with solid benefits and pensions experience, strong customer interactions skills, knowledge of best practices and ability to integrate and optimize processes to drive continuous improvement.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Liaise with vendors and stakeholders on operational and project related benefits and pension administration matters, track and problem-solve issues, and optimize effectiveness of processes and systems.
- Execution of projects using project management principles to achieve optimized payroll, benefits, and pension integration ensuring successful introduction of changes with minimal impact to employees and business units.
- Serve as SME (Subject Matter Expert) and recommend best practices for benefit and pension administration to improve processes and increase system effectiveness.
- Maintain plan provisions for benefits, monitor financial performance, benchmark competitiveness of benefits and pension plans, and implement changes to programs and practices as required.
- Maintain plan provisions for pension, coordinate compliance calendar, provide data for timely filing of pension valuations, and other pension-related filings, reporting and auditing, and responses to regulatory inquiries.
- Monitor benefits plan performance and claim experience, analyze data and provide recommendations regarding plan design to ensure effective plan cost management and alignment to evolving market practice.
- Perform regular benefits and pension administration related reconciliations, oversee billing process and provisions to ensure a smooth and compliant administration workflow.
- Partner with payroll team and vendors to ensure effective benefits related interfaces are put in place and run smoothly on an ongoing basis. Lead the implementation of any changes to interfaces as required.
What You Will Need:
- Strong knowledge of pension and benefits compliance requirements, best practices and HR-related legislation such as employment standards and worker's compensation.
- Solid understanding of benefit and pension programs, plan requirements documents and pension and benefits best practices
- Experience with Peoplesoft (mandatory), HRIS systems and reporting
- Advanced Excel skills