Work Location: Americas-Canada-MONTREAL
Our connected aircraft solutions include the technology, applications and services we create in partnership with airlines, OEMs and airframers, to address the challenges and value-generating opportunities of the air travel industry.
Unlocking connected aircraft value: We empower the air transport industry through tailored ‘nose-to-tail’ connectivity solutions that deliver true value. This is connected aircraft innovation you can trust,
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
SITAForAircraft is the air travel industry’s trusted connected aircraft service expert. With its unrivalled industry-backed heritage, SITA empowers 400+ airlines, 16,000+ aircraft and 30+ operators to navigate the complexity of connectivity and unlock connected aircraft value.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Big Data engineer with strongPython, Scala, Spark or equivalent language experience to join our expandingdata science & AI Center of Excellence(CoE) team consisting of data scienceand AI experts. The Data Engineer will work on the collecting, storing,processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. The Data Engineer must alsohave exceptional analytical skills, showing fluency in the use of platform and tools such as AWS architecture, MySQL and strong Python, Spark, Scala, Java and T-SQL programming skills. She/he must also betechnologically adept, demonstrating strong computer science skills. Thecandidate must additionally be capable of developing databases using SSISpackages, pipelines orchestration, T-SQL,MSSQL and Spark scripts.
In this team, you will participate in growing and improving SITAdata environment and as such, will be responsible for building, deploying andmaintaining data models, data pipelines for batch and real-time data analytics.You will be working alongside experienced architects, developers, AI andmachine learning experts as part of a growing and exciting team of Data Scienceand AI-minded individuals at the core of SITA business’ operations. We expectthe candidate to be comfortable working in a dynamic start up environmentrequiring high autonomy, resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
As part of the Data Science & AI team, you will becontributing to the development of our data environment through integration andevaluation of a high number of Big data sources internal andexternal. You will be working closely with both our technology experts as wellas our data science experts to build and support the CoE in Data Science and AIoperations.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines;
- Develop and maintain cloud data architecture AWS/Azure
- Take ownership and responsibility for the quality of data with consideration of efficiency, performance, and cost
- Design, model, develop and maintain data sets to be used for data science and AI
- Be responsible for the design and ongoing development of pipelines,ETL,Datalake etc..
- Assess, recommend and support the implementation of new data technologies
- Develop and maintain state of the art data models for the CoE leveraging multiple data sources
- Identify and correct data quality issues and reinforce end to end data governance
- Evaluate and integrate a variety of data sources including third party data;
- Analyze, parse and extract and integrate data from structured and unstructured datasets;
- Gather, process raw data at scale and build the master data foundation for ML and AI projects
- Create and maintain various datasets using complex data transformation both in batch and real-time modes;
- Implement event-based and status-based rule-engines;
- Design and maintain machine learning and AI serving infrastructure;
- Work closely with internal partners (technology, machine learning and business experts)
EXPERIENCE , KNOWLEDGE &SKILLS
- Bachelor or master degree in computer science, or equivalent experience;
- Design, model, develop and maintain Big datasets to be used for BI Data science and AI
- Be responsible for the design and ongoing development of pipeline and ETL
- Strong experience with cloud-based big data platforms AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- 5+ years of professional experience in data pipeline development orchestration and maintenance;
- Strong experience in data engineering processes developing scripts to integrate and normalize third-party data using APIs as well as web scraping/crawling (beautifulsoup, scrapy, selenium, etc.);
- Strong experience with most of the following technologies: Batch processing (Spark or MapReduce), Streaming processing (Spark-Streaming ,or other), Event Processing (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.) NoSQL Database (Elastic Search, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.) Visualization Tool (Power BI , GCP Data Lab etc.) Containerization (Docker), Micro Service architectures, Pipelining frameworks (Luigi and/or Airflow etc.);
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval;
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests;
- Strong knowledge of UNIX environment including shell scripting;
- Experience with versioning tools (Git);
- Experience working in an Agile development environment;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experienced deploying AWS Database, AWS EMR EC2 AWS data Lake and AWS ML
- Experience implementing REST API calls and authentication
- Experienced working with agile project management methodologies
- Experience in the air transportation industry;
- Experience building data model and data architecture for data science
- Experience with other programming languages (Java, C, C++);
- Knowledge of machine learning or deep learning;
- Spark Programming (AWS Databricks preferable)
- Python, Java & SQL
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure Cloud (Data Platform Technologies)
- Manage high volume, high traffic GDPR solutions build
- Strong experience with SCALA or Hive
- Experience with geospatial, unstructured data (text image video);
- Experience working with data science teams;
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science Engineering Mathematics etc.) or sufficient work experience to demonstrate proficiency at this level.
SITA is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. Insupport of our Employment Equity Program, women, Aboriginal people, members ofvisible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to applyand self-identify in the application process.