ARE YOU A FINANCE SHARED SERVICES SUPERVISOR SEEKING A NEW OPPORTUNITY? Our client is looking for an experienced individual to fill a full-time role.
Finance Shared Services Supervisor
The FSSC Supervisor role will support the identification and development of process improvement and innovative solutions for Financial Shared Services. The Supervisor will have a strong focus on continuous improvement of key business process, systems and tools implementation. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to document and continuously evaluate processes, systems, resources and cycle time and recommend efficiencies for Best in Class Financial Shared Services Centre. Other responsibilities include supporting audit and ensuring policy compliance, strong internal control environment, coordinating implementation of projects, UAT, KPI reporting and providing training to team members when required.
About the Opportunity
- Critically evaluates information and processes and recommend proposals to drive departmental efficiencies and Best in Class Financial Share Services Centre
- Work directly with the team leaders to improve daily operations between team members and team leaders and report to Management on proposed improvements and solutions
- Escalate team leader and team member concerns to Management as required
- Facilitates and document workflow process and value stream mapping to identify inefficiencies, rework and non-value-added steps
- Assists in managing CI projects to ensure project charter including deliverables are timelines are achieved
- Conducts new or changed systems UAT and training sessions
- Generates and compiles processes from multiple work stream sources using various business intelligence tools, industry best practices and information management systems
- Compiles, maintains and analyzes large volume of data to support various KPI reporting, benchmarking and analytical requirements in pursuit of innovation solutions
- Recommends and assist in preparing draft policies and procedural documentation in accordance with Corporate standards
- Prepares various reports including but not limited to performance reports and scorecard reports to assist with business communication and decision making
- Interface with relevant business stakeholders to understand business process, related issues and to facilitate innovative solutions to problems
- Liaises with the Information Technology department to implement new or changed system and resolve technical issues as required
- Train users in the operation of business tools, processes and procedures
- Monitors the maintenance of accurate and complete audit records according to established procedures and reviews audit documentations
- Perform self-assessment and ad hoc audits and reporting control deficiencies and policy non-compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- University graduation or professional certification (e.g. P. Eng, CPA or equivalent courses)
- 3-5 years of job related experience
- Competent understanding and application of procure to pay processes, audit and financial control requirements
- Strong process documentation, data analysis, facilitation, project management skills
- Proficient with accounting systems, reporting tools, MS Office including MS Access and MS Visio with ability to learn new information management systems quickly
- Ability to identify process gaps and inefficiencies to drive process improvements to mitigate risk and drive efficiency in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver tailored presentations to a variety of audiences
- Strong commitment to client service
- Ability to support and recommend operational decisions
- Superior problem solving, analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Well-developed client management and relationship skills
- Ability to communicate and enforce adherence to processes, procedures and performance objectives
- Fully bilingual in both English and French would be considered an asset
- Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- CPA or other Financial Designations
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #20983.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.