Corix Water Products has an immediate opening for a Branch Manager in our Kelowna branch. This will be a hands on position with you actively supporting an existing customer base to promote the products of the company. You will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional customer service while maintaining corporate objectives and policies. Mandate is to provide leadership, manage assets, employees and property, and grow sales through the use of strong sales techniques and established industry contacts as well as representing Corix within the community.
The Branch Manager supports employees in branch operations and administration. This position offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental and vision care. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the successful candidate will meet the following requirements.
- Ensure all employees are fully trained on safety regulations.
- Coordinate and oversee monthly branch safety meetings.
- Coordinate with Fleet Manager to ensure all vehicles and equipment are in safe working condition, inspected and licensed.
- Documentation for any safety incidents as they occur. (i.e. vehicle accident report, or Work Safe reports).
- Monthly safety incident summary sheet/report.
- Mileage reporting to JPL each month for all branch vehicles.
- Annual or biannual Commercial Vehicle Inspection Reports for the branch’s commercial vehicles (vehicles >4,500 kgs).
- Report personnel changes regarding Commercial vehicle drivers to Fleet Manager.
- Forward any copies of inspections by outside authorities, and follow up on issues for compliance (Work Safe, fire or municipal inspections).
- Ability to order specialty products and understand company returns policy.
- Responsible for the pricing and invoicing of materials for accounts in conjunction with central purchasing team.
- Monitors branch inventory budgets and levels.
- Responsible for reducing and controlling slow and obsolete inventory.
- Responsible for overseeing ordering and maintaining inventory based on re-order levels and order commitments for branch through direct buys from vendors and coordinated buys with head office.
- Required to coordinate and execute yearend inventory.
- Work with team to determine required training needs including vendor training.
- Scheduling management including vacation, overtime, sick time and time sheet submission including documentation for backup.
- Responsible for personnel processes for branch staff, including, but not limited to hiring, supervision, progressive discipline and evaluations of staff performance in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Work closely with Human Resources department to access management tools and determine appropriate steps with personnel
- New employee orientation.
Sales and Revenue:
- Management of well established products and projects.
- Support to Account Managers with major accounts as required.
- Prospecting for new accounts and establishing Corix Water Products through the designated territory.
- Development of existing and new product lines supported by Corix.
- Sales calls in Richmond and the Lower Mainland.
Project management/coordination and field assistance:
- Strong customer service skills and coordination of delivery of excellent customer service by team.
- Work closely with other business units to identify opportunities.
- Work closely with Customer Financial Services (CFS) department to assess risks and mitigate corporate exposure.
- Identify opportunities for new products.
- Ensure staff are informed on all new available products.
- Work with all team members to educate them on sales goals and assist them with achieving EBIT.
- Work with CFS team on customer accounts as required.
- Provide leadership and supervision to branch.
- Supervision of administrative and operations team.
- Maintain awareness of current industry trends and developments through professional reading, vendor training, conference attendance and organization participation.
- Establish effective communications with customers, vendors and colleagues.
- Plans work flow of employees for effective and efficient customer service.
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery of products to customers.
- Monitor physical branch operations, initiate maintenance and repairs as necessary and alert safety committee to major problems.
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Ensure end of day reports are accurate and completed within branch.
- Maintain clear understanding and adherence to Designation of Signing Authority policy.
- Plan and coordinate facility management including security, building access, equipment maintenance and building maintenance.
- Coordination of customer appreciation events.
- Safety reports to Safety Manager as incidents occur with copy to Regional Manager.
- Project reports to Regional Manager.
- Monthly sales projections reports to Regional Manager.
- Sales reporting for Regional Manager on monthly basis.
- Understand and report projected budgets (EBIT) versus actual sales.
- Work with Regional Manager on monthly and yearly sales forecasts.
- Submitting yearly operational budgets.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; Post secondary education is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the water products or construction supply industry.
- Must be a self starter with the ability and drive to grow the present base accounts.
- Must have excellent experience and knowledge of the water products industry.
- Must possess a professional manner in dealing with employees and customers.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to train and develop employees.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize and manage time effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong team player with an ability to build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word, and Navision would be an asset.
- Understanding of irrigation, meters, industrial, pumps and water treatment products is an asset.
- Proven understanding of market conditions and products and ability to recognize opportunities.
- Experience in coaching or leading a small team is a definite asset.
Experience with doing take-offs from plans is an asset.
- Solid administrative and computer skills.
- Good team player with an ability to build strong relationships with customers.
- Valid drivers license (driver’s abstract required).
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits program customize to fit your specific needs
- Short Term and Long Term Benefits
- MSP Covered by the Company
- Company matching Group RRSP Plan
- Bonus Program
- Education Reimbursement
- 3 Weeks' Annual vacation per year
Application Expiry Date: This position will remain open until filled.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at https://ca-corixwaterproducts.icims.com
***Corix employees must apply via our internal portal***
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request.Overview
Corix Water Products provides quality service and solutions from waterworks and irrigation supplies to water meters, engineered products, and packaged systems.Our team is committed to providing expert knowledge and superior customer service. We offer a comprehensive and flexible approach to delivering the right solution, from product and equipment supply to full system design, construction, operations, and maintenance.
We maintain one of the largest single-source inventories in the industry and also carry exclusive product lines:
•Drainage •Engineered Products and Packaged Systems•Geosynthetics•HDPE•Industrial and Mining•Irrigation•Mechanical•Meters•Municipal Water and Wastewater•Pumps•Valves•Transmission Main Products
Corix Water Products is a subsidiary of the Deschênes Group. Founded in 1940, the Deschênes Group Inc. is a private family-owned company and a leading North American distributor of plumbing and heating products, electrical and industrial supplies, fire protection, refrigeration, air-conditioning, and ventilation products, and waterworks and sewer systems.