On behalf of our local, public-sector client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Architect for a Contract opportunity. This Contract is an eleven (11) month term, beginning early February 2018, with the possibility of extensions to cover additional projects. This will be a full-time capacity for the first 2 months and a part-time capacity for 9 months.
This is focused on an implementation/phase 2 project related to Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Support discussions to identify, analyze, and validate requirements
- Analyze and understand the existing business processes, requirements, and challenges
- Support development and testing team members with clarification of BI/DW design
- Support the business stakeholders and project team to develop plans and related artefacts for Testing, Change Management, and Training
- Assist with end-user training of data models
- Provide consultation on BI, EDW and data management best practice
- Data Requirements Document
- Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Data Model design
- ETL design, Cube design, Data Flow Diagrams, Entity-Relationship Diagrams, Context Diagrams
- System design specifications including component diagrams, interfaces to related systems, input and output requirements, and IT infrastructure requirements
- Assist with Business Process Maps
- Assist with “AS-IS” current state analysis and “TO-BE” future state analysis
- Assist with Process and system training documents and user guide documents (i.e. user reference guide, operations guide, help/FAQ content, etc.)
- Progress status reports
- Assist with Wireframes and simple reporting interface mock ups
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as DA (Data Architect) with emphasis on data warehouse projects
- Experience in Erwin data modeling and STAR schema
- Experience with data warehouse principles
- Experience with Kimball methodology
- Data management and data quality
- Working experience with Microsoft SSIS
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong SQL expertise and well versed in database technology and data warehouse design standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information science or equivalent
- 5+ years of Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehousing implementation projects.
- Strong analytical, communication, and writing skills. Ability to gather, analyze, and consolidate information from a variety of sources (i.e. documents, interviews, brainstorming sessions, etc.).
- Ability to work with technical analysts/advisors and translate these business requirements into detailed system specifications.
Start Date: Early February
Length: This opportunity is for an eleven (11) month term, beginning early February 2018, with the possibility of extensions to cover additional projects. This will be a full-time capacity for the first 2 months and a part-time capacity for 9 months.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (possibility of additional hours as per project requirements). Part-time hours will be determined.
Location: Head Office is in New Westminster however you may be required to travel to other locations in Metro Vancouver.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume.
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best.
We’re wired for people.