In your role as the Business Process Specialist, at The North West Company (NWC), you will be accountable to lead and develop optimal store process and standardize the operating procedures across The North West Company as it relates to both Canadian and International operations.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Effectively lead and facilitate the development of process documentation and standard operating procedures across NWC with a specific focus on the Pure Retail work stream;
- Establish Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for process and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development;
- Set expectations and work flow with cross-functional stakeholders, and their role in process mapping;
- Develop a document management taxonomy & governance and communicate standards across NWC through training, coaching and audits;
- Identify process improvement opportunities through process reviews, audit and stakeholder feedback;
- Create, maintain and sustain a document management library within the Intranet portal;
- Review library for changes and align changes with SOPs, audits and role profiles as required;
- Intake task requests from internal business partners, review for alignment to the current process;
- Challenge the status quo and provide the best advice on how to increase process effectiveness and efficiency; and
- Maintain a high level of business process performance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical discipline such as Engineering, Economics, Business or Finance, and/or minimum 5 years of experience in process improvement/business analysis using analytical tools and methods;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Microsoft Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Retail and/or warehouse experience is preferred;
- Project management and change management experience is an asset, coupled with documentation experience;
- Ability to prioritize, strong attention to detail, with the ability to effectively organize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, along with effective presentation skills; and
- Experience working with diverse groups of people and driving consensus.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports to: Manager, HR Programs
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.