Our client, a top 5 Canadian bank, is currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) who has proven experience as a Business Analyst or BSA in Business areas: Fund Accounting, Middle Office and Reporting, Securities Industry, Asset Management/Market Operations, including system knowledge of MPOWER and/or W360 Wealth.
Team/Culture: Selected candidate will be working with 2 other IT BA on this project, reporting to IT BA Manager and IT PM
Work Location: Downtown Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Assess detailed business requirements and recommend business solutions that satisfy sponsor/stakeholder needs, continually exploring and assessing options for value-add for clients
- Lead and facilitate working sessions and business interviews to achieve clarity on business objectives
- Identify and resolve business systems issues
- Assists with prioritizing developmental requests
- Assess and analyze sponsor/stakeholder needs in accordance with Project Life Cycle methodology utilizing reporting tools, requirements gathering methodologies, process models, data models and prototypes
- Business Requirements documentation, analysis, specifications, development support and testing
- Leads detailed requirements and specifications phase identifying, tracking, escalating and/or resolving business systems issues
- Works with developers, vendor consultants and numerous data sources to gather data requirements and mapping specifications. Develops detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of the data mapping specifications and testing activities. Addresses and clarifies specifications for business partners on data mapping related issues. Manages data acquisition and data mapping activities
- Delivers test plans, test cases, and functional, system integration testing to ensure quality of product. Develop test plans to ensure quality. Leads testing activities for assigned areas and complete defect tracking, monitoring, and resolution of defects.
- Provides BSA support to development team during development, testing and implementation
- Provides insight and recommendations to Program/Project Manager. Contributes to successful project completion within budget and on time by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
- May act as a team leader for projects with moderate budgets or immediate duration
- Participates in implementation planning, data preparation and post implementation validation
- 7+ years’ experience working as a Business Analyst, particularly dealing in complex and large requirements projects
- Proven experience with project methodologies, such as waterfall, iterative and/or agile, and requirement elicitation and management
- Related college, university, or post-graduate degree in Business Analysis
- Relevant college, university, or post-graduate degree in Business Analysis
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Project Management Institute –Professional in Business Analysis Certification (PMI – PBA) (Preferred)
- Masters Certificate in Business Analysis (Preferred)