Modatek Systems is an automotive Tier 1, Tier 2 supplier of modular engine cradle and twist axle assemblies. Our primary technologies include hydro-forming, weld assemblies, machining and E-coat paint systems. We are a growing division of Cosma, Magna International and are conveniently located in Milton, directly off the 401 at Highway#25. Our facility is 570,000 square feet.
The CMM Technician is responsible for the dimensional inspection of the product and equipment including manual layout equipment, universal holding fixtures, productions fixture checks. This position reports into the Quality Assurance Department.
- Analyses and interprets measured data for tooling, production or customer applications
- Reviews fixtures and parts through stages of development
- Coordinates inspection requirements for the division and customer needs
- Coordinates and performs program production part and part gauge certifications as required to meet the industry standards
- Production Part Approval Process paperwork preparation; engineering change verification; CMM ( coordinate Measuring Machine) programming using either CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CMM Computer; report generation using CAD or CMM; check fixture/model certification/maintained; measuring equipment certification maintenance; gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies; dimensional statistical analysis
- Performs 3-D scanning of parts and provides interpretation and analysis of results
- Adheres to Modatek's Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Fairness and Loyalty
- Follows and complies with all Operational Procedures and Policies as Outlined in the Team Member Handbook, Quality and Environmental Programs (i.e. TS16949, ISO14001)
- Understands, promotes and lives by Magna's philosophies and the Employee's Charter
- Performs other duties as required
Knowledge and Education
What you can expect from us:
- A great work experience
- You will be provided with up to date training & knowledge in current automation technology
- Extended Health Benefits
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Group RRSP with employer match
- Educational reimbursement program
- Staff appreciation events
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria.