About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, USA.
TITLE: CSR III
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC
• Gifted at communicating with customers (by maintaining strong relationships, handling problems before they start, and making sure customers have what they need when they need it). You also have impressive on-the-job experience identifying key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data. You even know about working on multi-vendor hardware and software products.
• Are we speaking your language yet? If so, we are looking for you to become our newest CSR3. In this role, you will provide service to a variety of equipment supported by NCR which includes but is not limited to retail and financial hardware, perform software reloads, do part replacements, and communicate across teams to resolve issues. You might even be called on to mentor and assist CSR 1s and 2s (like a Jedi).
• What makes this more exciting? Knowing that it is all to help make life easier for people all over the world, through more than 550 million transactions every day. Our clients are restaurants, shops, banks, and airports. They come to us for software, hardware, and services. Your skills make sure we can assist them in the ways they need it the most.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
• Provide support for everything from networking and communication products to systems equipment—with the goal of keeping our customers completely assured and satisfied.
• Be our go-to when there’s a problem or incident. You will respond to all customer concerns by handling them, or by pulling in the proper associate, team member, territory manager, or controller to do so—making sure things are fully resolved to the customer’s liking (in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements, of course).
• Unbridle your manual skills to make repairs and replace components on equipment such as but not limited to PCs, workstations, kiosks, peripherals, printers, POS systems, and ATMs. You will also be assisting in site preparation, including installation of cable and the staging and testing of equipment.
• Be a guardian of all NCR assets assigned and used in the delivery of customer services (that are tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property). Which means you will maintain stellar records and an appropriate parts inventory.
• Record customer information so that we can complete any invoicing, as well as stay in contact to ensure we are providing the best possible service.
• Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experiences. Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data. Partners with CE Team Lead and Customer Engineer Specialist on mentoring and assisting CSR 1s and CSR 2s.
• Provide assistance to the CE community in support of employees in order to resolve customer issues. Aid in providing performance feedback on employees, strengthening teamwork culture, and fostering open and effective communications.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
• A proactive, forward thinker who is always on the lookout for preemptive measures so that they can recommend preventative maintenance.
• Brilliant at building and maintaining great working relationships among peers, support personnel and customers.
• Willing to lend assistance in coaching employees, providing performance feedback, strengthening teamwork culture, and fostering open and effective communication.
• A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when you are asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
• Formal vocational and/or technical training/certification (though an Associate’s Degree is preferred).
• At least five years of related experience.
• A+ Certification (CompTIA, N+ Certification is always a plus).
• Knowledge of systems architecture, database management systems, and network.
• Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No matter what. We are talking about working and being available nights, weekends, for overtime when needed, flex and rotating shifts plus being on call to keep our customers happy.
• A strong back required. This position may require prolonged travel, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
• Be dispatched daily on a call-by-call.
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.