Capital Markets Data Analyst - Trading
Job Title: Capital Markets Data Analyst - Trading
Company: Direct IT Recruiting Inc.
Job Category: 6 Month Contract
Career Level: Junior to Intermediate
Work Experience: 2+ years as a Data Analyst, Capital Markets, Trading, Market Data, Reuters, Bloomberg, SQL, VBA, Excel, Python, R, Risk Management, Agile
Industry: Capital Markets, Investments
The Capital Markets Data Analyst will play a key role in maintaining the integrity and quality of the market data, risk factors and risk measures.
- Ensures that the market data time series and risk factor models effectively capture market conditions, satisfying both regulatory, and market and credit risk model requirements, by maintaining data quality processes and becoming knowledgeable with the data inputs to risk models for one or more asset classes. Where gaps in data quality exist, this candidate will perform data cleansing, data filling, and benchmarking against independent data sources. Support the analysis of both current and historical market data trends and correlations, by manipulating, summarizing and visualizing complex data sets.
- Assess data quality of risk factor inputs and data parameters to risk models. Support risk model data requirements, data quality and establishment of proxies for Capital Markets product initiatives.
- Document the quality assurance work in order to maintain transparency and auditability. Maintain and improve the documentation of data quality processes and operations, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies. Assist in the preparation of analyses and reports on data and model performance to support internal controls.
- University degree or equivalent experience (Business/Finance, Financial Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering)
Asset would be one or more of: Process improvement methodology accreditation ITIL, Six Sigma, CFA, CDMP, Certified Enterprise Data Professional, CSC Canadian Securities Course
- 2+ years as a Data Analyst within the Capital Markets, Investments industry
- SQL running queries and scripting
- Advanced Excel
- Excellent understanding of capital markets, trading, risk management, Market Data, compliance, regulatory requirements.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, collaborating effectively with business, delivery and technology partners
- Experience collaborating with project delivery and technology teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills