The Change Management Lead is accountable for continued development and implementation of change management strategies, solutions, and to ensure plans are in focus for the successful implementation of the change activity at a project level. Reporting into project office the Engagement Lead this role will work closely with business, project management and stakeholders to build and execute change management plans that focus on the people side of change, including changes to organization design, roles, culture, communication, capability building, business processes, systems and technology.
- Develop and implement change management strategies, plans and tools for key change projects and initiatives to ensure project success and benefits realization
- Identify high level business and operational impacts that address people, culture, capacity, process, technology, risk, and implementation approach
- Create actionable deliverables and support implementation of the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan.
- Conduct change readiness assessments and interventions to close readiness gaps
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Conduct stakeholder assessments, 1:1 and group sessions to develop and monitor stakeholder management plans, including plan to identify stakeholder perceptions and needs, and ensure stakeholder engagement and commitment
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and anticipate potential points of resistance to change. Develop counter strategies to reduce resistance and foster a positive acceptance of change and adoption of desired behaviours and practices
- Advise/Coach key stakeholders/change agents across the organization (Including Executives) on effective change management tactics and their role as key agents of change, to ensure successful implementation of change
- Support change champion network strategies
- Conduct training needs analysis, strategy and design of program and plans to address skill gaps resulting from change initiatives
- Develop success measures and implement a plan to monitor the various elements of change initiatives (i.e. scorecard), identify risk areas and determine appropriate interventions.
Background & Experience:
- Possess a university degree/college diploma in business, HR or organizational behavior or a related field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience as a change management practitioner including both strategic AND hands-on experience in large scale change, with practical pragmatic application of change tools. Experience with PROSCI ADKAR model is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with in-depth knowledge of word, Excel, and Power Point. Knowledge of Visio and MS Project is an asset
- Possess excellent consultative skills including the ability to solicit change requirements; anticipate, analyze and advise on issues and problems; generate solutions and recommendations; and formulate implementation plans
- Possess excellent understanding of Program/Project Management
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills including teamwork, networking, interpersonal savvy, verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills for interaction with stakeholders at all levels within an organization
- Proven track record of thought leadership and ability to generate relevant recommendations that clearly contribute to business success
- Possess strong organizational skills including systems thinking, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Energetic and results oriented