We are currently seeking a Chief Claims Officer who will oversee the strategic guidance and map out the direction of the National Claims function at Aviva with a focus on delivering an innovative and differentiated Claims experience to customers & brokers via a cost effective, adequately reserved and flawlessly executed Claims management process and structure.
In addition, the role must ensure effective risk management processes and controls are in place at all times throughout the entire Claims process in compliant with relevant Regulatory & Group Policies.
- Lead and execute long term business strategic initiatives to deliver sustainable cost effective and innovative Claims service delivery and the Claims Litigation strategy and a consistent high value customer experience (i.e. Guidewire and Anti Fraud Initiative)
- Lead and implement an effective Claims procurement strategy and program, ensuring policies and standards are maintained and benefits realized through long term relationships with key vendors and partners
- Partner with the EC team in creating an agreed strategic vision and delivering on it in Canada. Participate in creating a clear and compelling customer proposition for the Group, translating that into a distinctive offering for Canada
- Participate in building a Group wide Claims operating model in GI and take an active role in GI Business capability sharing
- Create a high performance organization. Ensure systems are in place to manage performance, recruit quality talent and engage and develop people.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- An in-depth combination of customer orientation and operational excellence with a strong and credible presence
- 5+ progressive Senior Executive experience in personal lines claims
- 5+ years of experience operating within the North American Property & Casualty insurance environment with an understanding of the legislative and regulatory environment and its various impacts and implications on Claims practices, e.g. Claims injury handling, auto reform, and insurance fraud etc.
- 5+ years of experience in advanced claims analytics process improvement and reporting enhancements to improve operations and realize efficiencies
- Proven track record of collaborating & managing senior stakeholders across the enterprise to bring insights derived from the Claims experience into product, pricing and market strategies.
- Broad operational experience gained in general insurance with strong strategic insight, business acumen, superior delivery skills and strong leadership capabilities.
- Solid experience in planning and building operational processes combined with an analytical and metrics based approach
- Proven track record of leading and managing senior people and large teams
- Proven project management capabilities and strong analytical skills.
- An understanding of finance, economics, accounting, investment and insurance principles.
- Demonstrated drive to excel.
- A progressive attitude demonstrated by a customer service orientation, demonstrated flexibilityand ability to change, analytical and conceptual thinking
- A commitment to teamwork exhibited through effective communication both verbally and in writing and an ability to build trust and credibility with internal and external stakeholders to be able to persuade, influence, negotiate and engage.
- Masters degree in Business (MBA) required to perform the role with a specialization in either Finance, Economics, Management or Strategy.
- Language of Work: English is required.
Company Name: Aviva Canada
Business Address/Location of Work: 10 Aviva Way Markham, ON, L6G 0G1
Type of Employment: Permanent
Salary Range: $320,000 CAD - $400,000 CAD; Based on Applicants Experience; Eligible for annual merit increase based on individual/company performance.
Variable Pay: Eligible for annual bonus and equity awards based on individual/company performance.
Benefits: Company health and dental benefits, pension plan, 25 days vacation + 1 floater day, car allowance, employee share plan and company discounts, executive medical, relocation benefits, equity/bonus buyouts (if applicable).
Contact Person: firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp