Location: Markham and Richmond Hill, Ontario
Pay Rate: $14.00/hr
· Provide youth with a safe place to stay and basic needs (food, bedding and hygiene) while they emerge from crisis.
· Respond to immediate needs, provide supports, and resolve conflicts.
· Follow up with youth regarding their case plan, goals, and activities, and make referrals or do warm transfers as required.
· Responsible for creating and maintaining a clean and welcoming environment for youth in care.
· Provide ongoing life skills (where applicable), support and mentoring.
· Complete daily documentation, including case notes and daily statistics.
· Work with youth to assess their housing needs and help them look for housing.
· Provide youth with encouragement and help connect them to supports that will help them address challenges in their lives.
· Provide ongoing daily support, assistance and encouragement to break the cycles of poverty and homelessness.
· Other duties as assigned.
Post-Secondary degree/diploma in a Child/youth related field (e.g. Child and Youth, Social Service Worker, Social Worker, Psychology, Sociology) or the equivalent combination of education and experience working with youth.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Extensive knowledge of working with youth, including understanding of harm reduction principals and trauma informed care.
· Demonstrated client focused counseling skills and role modeling.
· Excellent communication skills and have the ability to be adaptable with a flexible approach taking into consideration the unique qualities of each client.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills that promote positive team building, negotiation and conflict resolution.
· Current First Aid/CPR certification, current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check)
· VALID Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (CPI Blue Card)
· Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of shifts including evening, weekend and overnight shifts.
· Overnight shifts are awake shifts with ability to respond to incidents as they arise