Our client is a specialized distributor and service center of marine, industrial and off-road markets. They currently have an opening for the Ontario Branch based in Mississauga.
The Inside Sales and Technical Support Specialist will report to the Ontario Manager and will be responsible for managing business-to-business (B2B) sales primarily for power transmissions, engines and power units. This candidate will be expected to maintain existing business as well as grow the business for various product categories.
- Develop the dealership network and the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) client base in the designated market area (in collaboration with the External Sales Representatives and the Branch Manager).
- Respond to customer requests
- Select products according to the application, specifications and standards in the industrial and marine fields.
- Keep customers informed about the various products offered, prices, availability of merchandise, delivery and any other relevant information required for a complete quotation.
- Prepare and administer quotations for clients; provide efficient, proficient and prompt after-sale follow up.
- In collaboration with the service department, assist with technical service issues.
- In collaboration with the engineering department and/or manufacturers, provide technical support and validate different technical configurations of products.
- Participate in trade shows as required.
- Demonstrate decisiveness and clearly state recommendations.
- Generate business through telephone calls and marketing strategies.
- Monitor orders and projects in order to meet customer deadlines and specifications.
- Demonstrate a positive approach to the business and actively seek new opportunities.
- Post-secondary education
- 3+ years of experience in a technical customer service role
- Understanding basic mechanical and electrical principles related to engines.
- Must be familiar with schematics.
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written). Able to speak clearly and concisely. Able to write clear and concise reports
- Negotiation skills, able to be decisive and make clear recommendations
- Strong computer skills, particularly with MS Office. SAP experience is a strong asset
- Team-player, collaborative with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strategic thinker