KIK Custom Products is the manufacturing partner to some of the world's largest retailers and brand owners. Our extensive portfolio of liquid, aerosol, solid and semi-solid products spans a wide range of consumer goods. Nearly 60% of our products are personal care with the remainder made up of home care and over-the-counter categories. KIK's expansive network of 22 aerosol lines, 35 liquid/bottle lines, 2 fine fragrance lines and 15 tube lines can handle product runs in a wide variety of sizes and shapes. Our product capabilities: Personal Care, Aerosol Fragrance Salon and Spa Medicated and Over-the-Counter (OTC), Home Care, and Pharmaceutical.
Site Overview Custom Division's Rexdale, Ontario location provides a wide range of contract manufacturing services for companies looking to outsource various products such as pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and other care items. The Rexdale facility runs 24 hours at 5 days a week and is registered and compliant with the FDA, EPA, & cGMP. Custom Division's Rexdale facility procures, blends, fills and packages a wide variety of liquid personal care products.
Our Compounders are responsible for blending, mixing, and preparing batches in accordance to written specifications/procedures. This position reports to the Compounding Supervisor. The candidate for this position shall need to be flexible and be able to work on any shift, including continental shifts.
- Understand and follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Standards, and follow plant policies and procedures.
- Understand and have a working knowledge of WHMIS and MSDS.
- Review Chemical Batch Sets and secure chemicals from staging area and/ or weigh. Ensure that all Chemical Batch Sets are fully and accurately completed.
- Be able to compound all batches within assigned department without supervision
- Pump batches to specified holding tanks / totes.
- Follow specified sampling procedures, sample finish batches upon completion. Label and take samples to the lab for testing. Make batch adjustments prescribed by the lab when necessary. Re-sample if required.
- Remove garbage and empty drums for disposal as required
- Maintain a tidy, clean and safe work area at all times while batching.
- Clean and sanitize equipment as required or assigned. Keep accurate maintenance records.
- Must be able to operate all compounding equipment within assigned department.
- Have a working knowledge of the D.I. unit, be able to regenerate and sanitize the D.I. Unit
- Must maintain tow motor certification
- Assist in the co-ordination of the workload for the team.
- College Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience in packaging related industries, compounding and/or chemical knowledge a plus
- Mechanical ability, understands basics in equipment operation
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Have a good mathematical aptitude.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Must be free from allergies to chemicals that we use.
- Intermediate Computer skills required. Knowledge of JDE, DSI, and Pallet Viewer as it pertains to the job considered an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Forklift certified, or ability to become certified
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Good work attendance record
- Successful completion of Skills Assessment administered on site
- Attendance is essential to job qualification.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs regularly and push/pull 400lbs.
- Using hands and arms together to move various items
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in an Industrial Environment
A Career With KIK offers:
- Very competitive wages & comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, and much more after 3 months of successful employment in this position
- Professional atmosphere, great working conditions, dynamic leadership
- Autonomy, training, personal and professional development opportunities
Thank you for your consideration of a career with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.