The Project Manager is responsible for the overseeing assigned Alder Construction Project activities. As the primary manager of assigned projects, this position includes a significant responsibility ensuring the complete construction of awarded projects in a timely, cost-effective and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to manage more than one project simultaneously.
- Correspond with General Contractors, Owners and Engineers.
- Fulfill Contract requirements by providing key documentation.
- Determine and monitor the Construction Schedule and its Critical path using Microsoft Project Professional.
- Prepare and submit a Schedule of Values.
- Provide Site Supervisor with required vendor pricing and Estimator breakdowns.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers, prepare Project Purchase Orders.
- Manage and expedite site Drawings, ensuring site and our subtrades have the most current drawings.
- Attend subtrade coordination meetings and communicate with the general contractor.
- Plan and execute corrective actions when necessary, PM plays a crucial role in resolving challenges.
- Oversee shop drawing submittal/approval process.
- Identify work outside of our scope and track work orders diligently
- Obtain Change Order pricing from Subcontractors/Suppliers. Submit Change Orders to client for approval, invoice accordingly.
- Submit Monthly Progress Billing to client for approval and payment.
- Review job costing reports and identify challenges and opportunities.
- Manage Project Closeout process and evaluate performance against schedule and defined project goals
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Demonstrate leadership qualities; Positive during adversity, Passionate, Leads by example
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills
- Self starter who is organized and manages data with appropriate due diligence.
- Works efficiently with minimal supervision
- Desire to learn and is willing to acquire additional training.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Construction Engineering would be an asset
- 3-5 years Project Management experience
- Proven experience handling projects valued from $250,000 and up
- Proficient in various Microsoft computer applications, MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Willingness to travel within Southern Ontario if required; must have a current, valid driver’s licence
- General knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Complies with OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act) & and its regulations, company policies, procedures, and standards
- Ability to read architectural, structural and shop fabrication drawings
- General understanding of inspection and testing practices for soils, rebar and concrete
- Strong Understanding of construction documentation i.e. RFI’s, SI’s, Supervisor Logs