Calibre Coatings Ltd. (CALGARY) is currently accepting resumes to fulfill the position of Production Assistant. This position is a full-time salaried position for the successful applicant.
General Functions & Responsibilities
- Assist Production Managers in the day to day duties of various project administrative requirements.
- Working closely under the guidance and direction of Production Managers.
- Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to prepare awarded projects in accordance with the project requirements.
- Research and recommend solutions to design issues/conflicts, interferences, errors and omissions.
- Act as liaison with clients/subcontractors in expediting drawings and related information.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project records and information.
- Assist in pricing and obtain quotations for notices of change.
- Complete submittals and procurement of all project documentation.
- Monitor projects to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support tendered work as required.
- Perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating of RFIs, ordering and tracking of submittals, and maintain project list.
- Present oneself as a candidate for promotion by learning and understanding construction methods and developing good construction management skills.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by management.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training plus a minimum of three years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of the construction industry, techniques, drawings and specifications, materials, and standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others. Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company in a professional manner to Owners, Clients, Architects, and related project staff.
Please, no phone calls or unscheduled visits.
If you feel you can fulfill the above duties, responsibilities and skills in a fast paced environment we would like to hear from you.