Urbacon is a privately owned, full-service construction and development firm. Since the company’s founding in 1984, Urbacon has earned a sterling reputation for its unrivaled knowledge and consistent ability to manage even the most ambitious projects successfully.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Organize required permit applications (if applicable for project);
- Assist in the preparation of sub trade bids;
- Handle progress claims – review, verify amounts, prepare statutory declarations and prepare certificate of payments;
- Respond to and track correspondence received, meeting minutes, change orders, site instructions, owner’s instructions, shop drawings and drawing log as appropriate;
- Assist the project manager in coordinating project specifications, including the development of scope of work for tenders, format and edit specifications;
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing bid invitations and coordinate bid submissions;
- Assist in the evaluation of sub trade bids;
- Assist in the preparations and coordinate contract and sub-contract change requests and change orders; prepare and coordinate field notices;
- Coordinate superintendent, sub trade requirements;
- Liaise between office and field operations in the co-ordination of all construction activities;
- Maintain project files;
- Coordinate the submissions and review for compliance with contract documents;
- Coordinate the submission and review of operating and maintenance manuals;
- Coordinate Operations and Maintenance Manuals at project close out;
- Process sub trade change orders;
- Assist the project manager with assembly of monthly reports;
- Coordinate with design consultants;
- Coordinate with Authorities Hiring Jurisdiction for project inspections;
- Coordinate specific Project Insurance with Company Office Manager; Assist the Project Manager to approve supplier invoices and coordinate payments with accounting;
- Coordinate the submission and review for compliance with Municipal standards;
- Be the point of contact between the Design Team and the Municipality;
- Scheduling and assist the project manager and site supervisor in schedule development and construction projects maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Graduate from a relevant construction related post-secondary program;
- Familiar with all aspects of obtaining building permits in Ontario;
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications;
- Valid Ontario “G” Driver’s License;
- Previous experience preparing and managing construction documents;
- Knowledge of the construction process and timelines of projects.
- Organized and efficient;
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills;
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, confident, professional and dependable;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to learn new software quickly;
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal;
- Willingness to learn;
- Team player;
- Detail oriented.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, dependable and professional team player who enjoys working in a fast–paced environment. Urbacon offers a comprehensive compensation package and a team-oriented environment.
Urbacon is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are seeking a dynamic career in an industry leading firm please email your resume in confidence, stating position of interest in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our knowledge is your edge.