Brock Solutions is an engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations globally. With approximately 400 employees in Canada and the U.S., Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Controls Systems Engineer to join our team of experienced professionals located at our Richmond, BC office (near Vancouver, BC).
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will be involved with designing, programming, integrating, troubleshooting, and supporting new and existing automated controls systems.
Responsibilities may include:
- Control system design
- PLC programming
- Electrical design
- Design/programming of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Troubleshooting of electrical, PLC, and HMI systems
- Interfacing with real-time database applications to manage critical production information
- Support project proposals and estimation
- Preparing functional specifications
- Assist with equipment selection and procurement
- Site commissioning and installation
- Perform other duties as assigned by Project Manager
- On-call service/support for existing installations
- Ability to problem solve
- Aptitude for Programming (C, C#, VBA, SQL, Ladder Logic, or other languages)
- Knowledge of PLCs (e.g. ControlLogix, Modicon, Siemens S7) is an asset
- Knowledge of HMIs (e.g. FactoryTalkView, Wonderware, iFix) is an asset
- Familiarity with IT/Networking and database applications is an asset
- Ability to read electrical schematics is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering and production processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Systems Design, Automation, Industrial Engineering or college equivalent
- Ability to complete all security clearance requirements that may be required for the performance of the work
- Willing to travel up to 40% throughout the year
New grads are welcome to apply. If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).