- Terms of employment : Full-Time and Permanent
- Wage: $16 ~ $18 per hour
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Benefits: 10 paid vacation days per year
- Employer: Sake Izakaya Inc.
- Address: 257 Eglington Ave. West, Toronto, ON, M4R 1B1
Responsibility and Duties
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May set up and oversee buffets
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
- May specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: Completion of secondary school or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience: 3 ~ 5 years of commercial cooking experience are required. Experience in the international cuisine including Korean and Japanese or related work experience and multicultural experience are great assets.
- Language: English
- Credentials: Not requires
- Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods, Overtime required, Physically demanding
- Cuisine Specialties: Sushi preparation techniques, Japanese cuisine, International