Schnitzel Hub is a cozy full-service restaurant and vodka bar with 2 locations in Toronto. we are known for our delicious Eastern and Central European dishes and for one-of-a-kind infused beverages made according to the ancient family recipes that are passed on from one generation to another. Our goal is to make you feel like home. Or maybe, a little better than home.
Our team is growing, and we are currently hiring a Cook specializing in Eastern European Cuisine to join our team of professionals at our recently opened up new location at 402 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S 1X5.
The ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of practical experience preparing various European-style dishes based on classic and modern exquisite recipes. We are looking for someone unique to assist our Head Chef in preparing authentic Eastern European dishes as well as introducing new custom recipes on constant basis.
Would you like to become a part of our professional cook team? We are currently looking for a motivated and energetic Cook specializing in Eastern European Cuisine to join us in the meal preparation department and implementation of new cooking techniques to add some new taste to our spirit!
As a Cook specializing in Eastern European cuisine, your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing and preparing full-course Eastern European dishes using superior culinary expertise;
- Advise management on new Eastern European recipes or fusions to ensure that we provide our guests with a taste of home;
- Preparing kitchen for service: cutting ingredients, preparing sauces, marinating, etc.;
- Estimating food requirements and costs and ordering supplies that you work with;
- Receiving orders, distributing work to other cooks accordingly to perform orders in a timely manner;
- Instructing and leading other cooks and kitchen helpers (when necessary) in garnishing and presenting dishes;
- Training cooks on new cooking techniques specific to certain dishes (e.g. searing, breading, whisking, etc.) and ensuring all culinary basics and authentic recipes are followed;
- Maintaining safe, secure and healthy work environment by enforcing and following standards and procedures;
- Supervising clean-up of the kitchen area in the end of the shift and ensuring its safety for the following shift.
- Post-secondary diploma in culinary or catering is required
- Safe Food handling certificates, WHMIS and CPR certifications are considered an asset
- At least 3 years of cooking experience specializing in Eastern European cuisine – must have experience preparing the majority of the following Eastern European dishes:
§ Appetizers, soups, main dishes, sauces
- Ability to demonstrate culinary abilities upon first interview, if requested
- Integrity and reliability, team-player spirit
- Culinary portfolio and knowledge in other European cuisines will be considered as assets
What’s in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary starting at $15.50 per hour, friendly environment and opportunity for growth and professional development.
It is a permanent position based on 40-hours work week with overtime rate of $23.25 per hour that will apply after 44 hours of work per week.
Work/business location address:402 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S 1X5.
Please visit our website at http://www.schnitzelhub.com/ to learn more about our restaurant and menu specials.
Does this sound like you?
You may submit your application by email at firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp. Please send your resume together with the portfolio or detailed Cover Letter and indicate the position title in the subject line. Please do not call the restaurant directly as you will be directed to send your resume by email.