Manager, Customer Build
February 9, 2018
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. We pride ourselves on the backbone of our organization as a team of dedicated veterans with a combined 175+ years of experience in utility distribution design, maintenance, and construction. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
We have an opening for a Design Technologist whereyou will be responsible for providing primarily underground and overhead electric utility design at our Burnaby location
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Design of underground electrical distribution infrastructure (24.9kV & 12.5kV system voltages)
- Creating markup drawings for overhead and underground distribution designs
- Electrical and mechanical engineering calculations for underground and overhead systems
- Building design packages for submissions and reviews
- Conducting peer reviews of designs and submission packages
- Coordinating with clients, co-workers, subcontractors, regulatory authorities, and other stakeholders
- Building construction packages, together with bill of materials, site instructions, and drawings sets
- Coordinating pre-construction meetings, conducting site field reviews and inspections
- Project estimating, budget reviews, and material procurement
- Other duties as required, potentially including design of street lighting and traffic signal systems, and Outside Plant Telecom design
The eligible candidate must:
- Have Technologist Diploma or Engineering Technologist Diploma from a recognized college or technical institution (Civil or Electrical preferred)
- Be a member or desire to become a member of ASTTBC
- Have two or more years of electrical distribution design or related experience, both underground and overhead
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and pride in their work
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong English language proficiency
Candidates will not be shortlisted for this position if they do not possess the minimum qualifications.
A few qualifications that will help you succeed:
- Confident working with AutoCAD software
- Knowledge of and experience with BC Hydro, Telus, Shaw, or FortisBC design standards and practices
- Previous design experience in electrical utility or related environment
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and a number of career and professional development opportunities .
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
**Please Note, you must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid work permit**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.