This is a permanent position and located in Pickering area. This position is responsible for developing web and windows applications and services using FoxPro and Microsoft C#.NET. This position requires working with project leadership to perform project analysis, determining functional and technical business requirements, developing code, testing and deploying applications.
- 3-4 years of hands on experience using Visual FoxPro 9.0, running against a SQL Server database
- Proficient in application development and production support
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming & Database Architecture
- Experienced with source code management and continuous integration
- Experienced in developing security measures to prevent against hacking attacks
What you will be doing:
- Create detailed specification documents based on business requirements.
- Develop quick prototypes for business stakeholder verification to use as a foundation for design/development solutions.
- Create and execute testing plans and procedures.
- Automate processes using software tools and scripts.
- Manage system enhancements and upgrades.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, education, and leadership on how to effectively create and support the applications.
- Follow best practices for technology and business level technology implementation.
- Conduct code level and other systems quality assurance tests and procedures.