Reporting to the Manager Member and Market Insights, the Digital Insights Analyst's primary role is to support the day-to-day measurement and analytics for the Digital Banking applications and web properties. This position should have an understanding of how tracking and measurement, data visualization, testing and evaluation, data integration and statistical modeling supports Servus' business processes and helps understand member needs.
Working directly with the Digital Banking team, the Digital Insights Analyst conducts innovative research and delivers advice through written reports, advisory consulting, inquiries and presentation. The Digital Insights Analyst is accountable for the metrics that contribute to strategy and operations of digital touchpoints; including online banking, mobile banking, eTransfer, ATMs, internal and external websites, and other digital platforms as they emerge. Candidates will need a strong understanding of the business and technology issues facing Digital Banking in Financial Services companies today and an appetite for conducting and writing research to stay abreast of the issues.
The Digital Insights Analyst measures the success of a company's online Digital Banking presence. They analyze and report changes in online activity, transactions and conversions to the Digital Banking team so they are well-informed when making business decisions. Beyond conversion data, the Digital Insights Analyst tracks the company’s platform utilization, web analytics, search engine ranking, advertising campaign results and branding across digital member and non-member touch points. The analyst will also work closely with various other Servus teams including but not limited to Information Services, Operations, Marketing Insights, and Brand.
The Digital Insights Analyst requires a creative view of technologies, organizations, and markets combined with a fascination with the future and the ability to analyze complex business and technology issues.
The Digital Insights Analyst responsibilities include increasing the efficiency of the company's online sales by undertaking various research and cost-benefit analysis. They are also responsible for identifying, analyzing, and understanding the Digital Banking needs and requirements of the company. Digital Insights Analysts are responsible for gathering internal and external client business specifications. They generally work with the internal Digital Experience and Web Development teams to analyze and design the Digital Banking solutions to meet the business objectives.Data Analytics
- Operate and manage various analytics technologies and platforms (Webtrends, Google Analytics, Tealium, etc.).
- Manage and author data metrics and tagging strategies for digital properties and applications.
- Create and maintain dashboards to monitor important Digital Banking data such as visitor trends and observations, conversions and next-best-actions, acquisition, cross-selling and customer self-service.
- Logical approach to analysis process that demonstrates how data leads to conclusions.
- Participate actively in the development of the analytics processes and strategy.
- Develop a standard measurement framework for new campaign launches.
- Maintain constant curiosity for what the data means and where it fits into the business.
- Standardize key performance indicators across the Digital Banking organization and develop a holistic approach, evaluating the success of Digital Banking efforts.
- Develop a cross-platform analysis that allows the measurement of both online and offline marketing efforts to evaluate success and areas for improvements.
- Analyze the company's digital marketing plan, using web analytics as well as data mining, and other techniques to develop recommendations for improvements, and developing models to assist in the evaluation of potential future products.
- Develop a deep understanding of what Servus partners in Operations and other departments need to succeed in our Digital Banking channels.
- Conduct research into all aspects of the responsibilities of Digital Banking and channel strategy, including business strategy, digital sales and service delivery, organizational design, and best-practice execution.
- Help define the future of multichannel financial services by developing a clear, forward-looking view of how Digital Banking and channel strategy needs to evolve.
- Help partners identify which technologies matter and what practical steps to take today to create value by developing the right distribution channel mix.
- Write high-quality research that conveys new ideas to help Digital Banking and channel strategy professionals make better decisions, solve their business problems, and develop their strategies.
- Consolidate research efforts to ensure appropriate research design, and consistent methodology, execution and tracking of qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts — and be willing to take a stand on strategies and outcomes.
- Undertake an analysis of the various factors that influence customer decision-making in digital channels.
- Study patterns and trends relating to user/member activities.
- Use demographic information to create customer profiles.
- Analyze and monitor the services, market trends, and customer requirements effectively.
- Predict the impact of emerging technologies on changing customer behavior and the impact on new business models.
- Develop a research planning framework and program that leads to a deep understanding of Member’ behaviours.
- Support and implement various development projects.
- Undertake the requirement elicitation, documentation and analysis, solution design, testing definition and execution effectively.
- Document the enhancement recommendations from business.
- Interact with stakeholders and subject matter experts and work closely with them to understand their business needs and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Brand and agency partners prior to campaigns to define success.
- Carry out the translation of business requirements effectively into functional specifications to satisfy the business needs and necessary system modifications.
- Increase the efficiency of the company's online presence, conversion, transaction, and interaction through digital channels.
- Understand corporate financial requirements and be familiar with budgeting analytics and procedures.
- Consistent drive for collaboration with others to provide support, share skills, and learn more.
- Provide internal training via lunch and learns, team meetings or one-on-one sessions.
- Help partners identify which technologies matter and what practical steps to take today to create value by developing the right distribution channel mix
- 3 to 5 years of experience in analytic roles (marketing, CRM or web).
- University degree in marketing, business intelligence, math or statistics (or equivalent experience).
- Experience working inside with teams, business analysis and/or project management.
- Solid experience in campaign performance management and analysis, including tracking, ROI and customer insights.
- Database analysis with extensive experience with Excel pivot tables and statistical tools such as Google Analytics, Webtrends, Tealium, etc.
- Excellent long-term vision and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong analytical skills; ability to transform raw data into powerful visuals and stories, with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks with tight deadlines, changing priorities and occasional urgent matters while managing time efficiently and communicating to business and other stakeholders accordingly.
- Strong teamwork skills, ability to work in a matrix environment with internal and external counterparts.
- Prior knowledge of marketing and sales optimization, online/ digital advertising.
- Knowledge of mobile applications (Apple/ Android), Search Engine Optimization/ Marketing, Web Content Management systems, e-commerce and basic.
- Minimum educational qualification is a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunication, Marketing, Management or any other relevant field.
- A Master's Degree in Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Marketing, etc. would be considered highly favorable, but not required.
Requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule; may require weekend and/or evening work.Weekend or shift work, available to travel, etc.
The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages. All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times. These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.
Why Servus Credit Union? We live our values in how we do business and how we treat our employees. Servus Credit Union is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. Servus is committed to being socially responsible and living the co-operative values. Through our operations, we strive to make a positive impact on our economy, the environment and society. We know that our employees are our most valuable assets so we offer ongoing growth and career advancement and we reward employees for their hard work and achievements.