Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Planning and Business Development department at our Home Office in Toronto is pleased to announce an opportunity for a Director, Financial Planning and Analysis , reporting to the Executive Director, Financial Planning and Analysis.
The Director will manage the budgeting and forecasting cycles at Cineplex as well as overseeing monthly internal reporting and select quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors while supporting the annual corporate strategy cycle. The Director will provide meaningful financial analysis utilizing financial models to support investment decisions, as well as support corporate development initiatives, as required. The Director will build and maintain relationships across Cineplex's business units and functional areas to ensure the delivery of high quality and timely service.
- Manages the co-ordination, creation, review and analysis of annual budget and five year plan ensuring completeness, timeliness, accuracy, relevance and reliability.
- Leads management reporting process as well as select deliverables to the Board of Directors.
- Leads the corporate forecasting process.
- Key contributor to Cineplex's capital management program, evaluating the feasibility of capital projects in coordination with business units, and assisting senior management in managing overall capital spend.
- Assists business units and functional areas in the development of strategies, annual business plans and budgets, as well as assisting in reporting on actual results as compared to these plans and budgets.
- Provides financial analysis support for business units and functional areas on an ad hoc basis.
- Builds financial models to support business decisions by senior management.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on financial matters by providing value-added financial and strategic advice to all areas of the business in response to new initiatives, changing strategies, and business needs.
- Drives continuous improvement through the adoption of automation tools and streamlined processes.
- Completes special projects involving the analysis of financial information working with team members both within Planning and cross functionally.
- People leadership responsibilities in both direct and dotted line relationships within the Planning and Business Development team as well as being part of developing and delivering financial and business acumen learning and development initiatives across the organization.
Desired Skills & Experience
- University degree in Business or equivalent. MBA an asset.
- Chartered Professional Accountant. Chartered Financial Analyst an asset.
- 10 + years accounting/budgeting/internal reporting/financial analysis experience.
- Experience with corporate performance management software (Prophix and/or PeopleSoft an asset)
- Extensive financial data modeling experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Intrinsically motivated self-starter energized by working in a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please