In your role as Director, Marketing and Advertising you will lead multichannel marketing strategies and tactics that support The North West Company (NWC) brand and drive business performance. You will work with other key stakeholders to create and execute consumer-centric plans which drive market share, and mobilize the resources required to drive sales, customer count, order size and community support. You will set the marketing foundation and structure to ensure superior creative and timely delivery of multiple projects ranging in scale and complexity from mass advertising and brand development, to in-store promotion and internal communications. You lead the voice of the customer in the organization through regular research/tracking and customer groups, and identify the insights and learnings in order to drive greater customer loyalty/conversion.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information
- Create, develop, refine and lead winning marketing programs, aligned with the competitive strategies of The North West Company banners, value offers and their brand positions;
- Develop and lead the execution of innovative and creative marketing programs which support and drive sales and market share;
- Implement effective advertising plans that successfully communicate and support competitive strategies and goals;
- Create structures and roles as required to deliver strategies. Build an in-house team and manage local agencies to drive efficient and effective completion of work;
- Drive innovation, efficiency, newness and growth aligned with The North West strategy as being the best at serving geographically hard-to-reach consumer and commercial markets with a broad mix of everyday products and services;
- Act as a catalyst to lead and interpret customer insight gathering and related activities, including marketing-driven relationship initiatives such as proprietary segmentation, loyalty, basket and item profiles and social media;
- Lead customer communication/marketing activities, including brand identity;
- Work as a business partner with emphasis on a close, collaborative relationship with Operations (Move and Sell activities). Contribute in open and frank dialogues related to strategy and operations of all key NWC activities;
- Lead the analysis to support the development of a robust “customer led” plan and ensure clear understanding across the business on the key customer metrics required;
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of average spend, LTV (Customer Lifetime Value), conversion, basket analysis, efficiency of marketing spend and ROI; and
- Build, inspire and retain a high-performing marketing and advertising team directing all marketing functions including Branding, Advertising, Consumer Insights and Marketing Communications.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent experience is required;
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing a Marketing and Advertising department; grocery, mass or specialty retail experience is preferred;
- Functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, market development, market research and planning, promotions/advertising, reimbursement and corporate communications;
- Knowledge in preparing promotional materials, newsletters, Internet marketing options and all other media required for meeting organizational goals;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with business partners at all levels within the organization, and external customers;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, coupled with a proven track record of leading and managing highly effective teams responsible for a portfolio of products;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Must be able to travel 30% of the year.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg MB
Reports To: Chief Corporate Officer
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.