Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
For over 15 years, Cineplex Entertainment has been hosting groups and events at its Theatres across the country. From corporate meetings and town halls, to client appreciation events and private screenings, Cineplex is positioned to offer an exceptional event experience for corporate clients, schools, and social groups from coast to coast.
And now with Cineplex's announcement of the launch of The Rec Room, Canada's premiere social playground, the company is positioned to provide an exceptional entertainment and dining experience to groups looking for an unique and interactive social experience. The first Rec Room opened in Edmonton in 016 and plans for expansion are well underway with x openings announced for 2017. To learn more about The Rec Room please visit our website at www.therecroom.com
Cineplex Entertainment is recruiting for the position of Director Sales, Groups & Events, The Rec Room reporting to the Executive Director, Groups & Events. Please note: this is a 6-month contract opportunity.
The Director Sales, Groups & Events will be responsible for developing and executing all elements of the business unit strategy and revenue management plan to further develop and grow the meetings and events business within The Rec Room. Leading, managing and motivating a high performance sales team across the country while executing on the price/package/channel strategy to ensure the team is positioned for success, will be key areas of focus. The incumbent will also need have a start-up mentality to ensure the Rec Room is maximizing on sales opportunities while having a long term corporate plan to scale the sales function effectively as the company continues to expand across Canada. Direct sales experience within the hospitality and meetings/events space is required for this position; meeting planning and sales experience in the alternate meeting venue segment is considered an asset.
The key areas of responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop a long term expansion plan to efficiently grow the Rec Room sales business function while ensuring a best in class experience for our clients.
- Leverage Cineplex systems and labour resources to ensure sales team is supported without taking on fixed costs that are not mission critical.
- Foster positive and productive internal and external relationships to maximize sales opportunities and develop new business opportunities.
- Ensure optimal cross selling/upselling between Cineplex and The Rec Room client base.
- Travel for in-market coaching with sales team and meetings with key customers and partners and to develop relationships.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director in the development of annual sales targets and make recommendations for compensation and incentive programs that will motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Together with the Executive Director, manage the operations and resources of the department while identifying barriers that may impede the sales team from delivering profitable growth.
- Manage within, and adhere to, annual department expense and capital budgets.
- Together with the Executive Director, engage, motivate and lead team of employees to deliver annual business targets and create a culture of success.
- Recommend sales training programs and professional development opportunities that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Manage the implementation of sales & marketing plan and measure the effectiveness of all Groups and Events Marketing activities.
- Ensure systems are in place to maximize CRM and provide recommendations on feature development and/or enhancement that will assist sales productivity and quality report outcomes.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the Executive Director in terms of impact to our business.
- Manage customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Exec Director to provide data that will inform the development of business unit's annual business plans (for both Cineplex and The Rec Room), and the budget.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales reporting; including forecasting, budgeting and productivity tools. Manage the team's compliance with reporting routines and leverage CRM tools.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Education & Experience:
- 8-10 years' experience in hospitality, entertainment, meetings & event sales industry with a minimum of 5 years in a management role, leading a sales team and sales strategy implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma.
- 5 years of people management experience with multiple direct reports and ability to manage remote teams.
- Experience in financial reporting, budgeting, strategy development and sales forecasting.
- Experience managing CRM and implementing key policies and procedures.
- Experience in Human Resources management or course work completion considered an asset.
- Highly motivated, energetic and hands-on professional with strong leadership skills who can guide, coach and motivate others.
- Strategic thinker with background in successful leadership of hospitality sales teams.
- Mature and self-confident with the ability to work under pressure and deliver results.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage independently
- A true team player with the ability to work independently, yet collaborate effectively cross-functionally with both internal and external teams.
- Operates with a high level of emotional intelligence and has a genuine passion for customer service excellence.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills. Exceptional presentation skills.
- Bilingual in French and English would be considered a definite asset.
Pipeline/Pricing/Verticals & Reporting:
- Adept at financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Expert level proficiency with MS Office products: (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and Outlook email/calendaring.
- Knowledge of the meeting industry with established relationships and access to current, thriving sales verticals suitable for our alternative meeting venue.
- Aware of pricing differentials across Canadian market and able to advise product line up.
- Proficient with CRM software and ability to recommend feature improvements.
This position is Toronto-based but approximately 25% of travel within Canada will be required to support regional sales team and customers.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please