Rocky View Schools (RVS) serves the educational needs of over 24,000 students within 53 diverse schools. As the fifth largest school jurisdiction in Alberta, RVS has become a lighthouse for 21st Century learning, balanced with an ongoing emphasis on literacy and numeracy. We believe every learner deserves to have his/her needs met through learning communities that value inclusion, diversity, compassion and fairness. The successful candidate will champion these beliefs.
The Director of Human Resources (HR) is a member of the leadership team assisting with the efficient delivery, coordination and supervision of all services within the HR Department. This position reports directly to the Associate Superintendent of Human Resources, commencing August 1, 2018 at the Education Centre in Airdrie, Alberta.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Supports the goals of the division's four year plan through development and promotion of HR goals matching organizational strategies
- Monitors HR functions for continual improvement
- Supports the coordination of work, supervision and professional learning within the HR department
- Assists with all facets of staffing including staff surplus transfers and placements
- Provides direction and support on all workforce development strategies including retention and recruitment for a rapidly growing division
- Acts as a resource for RVS personnel on all HR matters including interpretation of agreements
- Monitors Job Description reviews, evaluations, and salary compensation processes
- Supports and reviews ongoing implementation of Human Resources Information Management Systems and modules
- Ensures compliance with all applicable legislation, as well as RVS policies and procedures
RVS seeks candidates who possess the following:
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities
- Chartered Professional Human Resources (CPHR) considered an asset
- HR diploma/certification considered an asset
- Several years as a successful School Principal
- Experience in an HR-related field considered an asset
- Previous successful experience in a divisional leadership role is an asset
The successful candidate must possess a Master’s degree with a major in Education, Leadership, HR or related field, and be eligible for a Permanent Teaching Certificate in the Province of Alberta. Please submit your cover letter and resume, including the names and contact information of three professional references, and a statement of belief regarding the role HR plays in supporting the success and achievements in RVS, via https://rockyview.simplication.com , quoting Job Code #2439346 on or before March 5, 2018 by 4:30 pm.
We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.