Rocky View Schools (RVS) serves the educational needs of over 24,000 students within 53 diverse schools. As the fifth largest school jurisdiction in Alberta, RVS has become a lighthouse for 21st Century learning, balanced with an ongoing emphasis on literacy and numeracy. We believe every learner deserves to have his/her needs met through learning communities that value inclusion, diversity, compassion and fairness. The successful candidate will champion these beliefs.
The Director of Learning Supports is a member of the leadership team assisting with the coordination and supervision of all programs and services of the Learning Supports Department. This position reports directly to the Associate Superintendent of Learning, commencing August 1, 2018 at the Education Centre in Airdrie, Alberta.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Supports the strategies of the four year plan
- Assists schools and divisionally-based staff in meeting the expectations and requirements of RVS and Alberta Education
- Ensures a continuum of services and supports are available to meet the needs of all learners within RVS
- Collaboratively develops and delivers a direction for Learning Support K-12
- Oversees the operational programming and direction of the Preschool and Kindergarten programs
- Develops appropriate school and division level processes to support learners
- Coordinates the services of the Learning Support Team including ongoing supervision of the team
RVS seeks candidates who possess the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of RVS and Alberta Education policies, regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of RVS' Instructional Design Process
- Several years of successful teaching experience at multiple levels and experience as a school administrator
- Divisional and/or school level supervisory experience including coordinating services and supports for students with a diverse range of learning, behavioural, social/emotional and mental health needs
- Knowledge and experience with inquiry based learning, Universal Design for Learning, Universal Learning environments and assistive technologies
- Knowledge and experience with monitoring and accountability procedures which enhance and promote successful student outcomes
The successful candidate must possess a Master’s degree with a major in Inclusive Education or closely related area (i.e., educational psychology) and be eligible for a Permanent Teaching Certificate in the Province of Alberta. Please submit your cover letter and resume, including the names and contact information of three professional references, and a statement of belief regarding inclusion, via https://rockyview.simplication.com , quoting Job Code #2439365 on or before February 26, 2018 by 4:30 pm.
We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.