Rocky View Schools (RVS) serves the educational needs of over 24,000 students within 51 diverse schools. As the fifth largest school jurisdiction in Alberta, RVS provides 21st Century learning, balanced with an ongoing emphasis on literacy and numeracy. We believe all learners deserve to have their needs met through learning communities that value inclusion, diversity, compassion and fairness. In RVS the best interest of students is at the center of every decision.RVS invites applications for a continuing, full-time (35 hrs/wk) Disability Management Coordinator position starting immediately. As a member of the Human Resources department under the direction of the Occupational Health Nurse (OHN), the Disability Management Coordinator is responsible for liaising with employees, insurance providers, health care professionals, supervisors and other stakeholders to effectively coordinate claims management processes. The position is located at the Education Centre in Airdrie and will require a Valid Alberta Driver's Licence as some travel may be required.
- Communicates with employees, supervisors, health care providers and insurers in a timely manner to follow up and ensure appropriate treatment plans are in place
- Monitors all incoming medical documentation and claims related correspondence for appropriate direction and follow up in consultation with OHN
- Utilizes discretion and decision making skills in identifying urgent and/or sensitive situations requiring immediate referral to the OHN
- Manages employee health processes related to injured, ill, disabled employees
- Ensures claims and documentation are submitted according to legislative guidelines or insurer business processes
- Initiates Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) online claims, and electronic employee health files for WCB, STD at work counselling etc.
- Creates and coordinates modified work plans in conjunction with supervisors, and medical and healthcare providers including Occupational Injury Services (OIS), WCB or other insurers
- Assists with budget tracking and reporting to the OHN in a timely manner
- Participates in committee meetings and documentation of minutes for the meetings
- Diploma or Degree in Social Sciences/Health related field with additional post-secondary certification or diploma in disability management or equivalent
- Registered professional status, or working towards certification with an association such as National Institute of Disability Management and Research (NIDMAR), Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP), or Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CCRC), or ability to attain a related certification
- Two or more years of experience in disability management or related field
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information with clear understanding of Privacy Legislation's specific to managing of health information confidentially
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as Human Rights, Workers Compensation Act, and the Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
- Knowledge of disability management best practices in Workers Compensation, long-term disability (LTD) and group insurance plans
- Solid understanding of budget tracking and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to build and maintain respectful working relationships with others given highly sensitive and emotionally charged situations
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and good judgement surrounding confidential and sensitive information
- Effective communication, organization, prioritization, customer service, and conflict management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge/experience with web-based medical data management systems such as Medgate and PublicSchoolWorks
- Ability to think critically and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to follow prescribed procedures, policies and goals of the department and RVS
Rocky View Schools
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.