Our team focuses on Operations!* * We are looking for self-motivated individuals who have a genuine desire to assist others, result driven, enjoy customer service role, adaptable, display initiative and take pride in keeping promises and commitments.
We have an opening for an experienced Dispatch/Sales for our Flatbed Division to join our dynamic and results driven team at our Milton, ON location.
As an integral part of our Flatbed operational team, the Dispatch/Sales responsible for ensuring freight is picked up and delivered to the appropriate destination within specific timelines, along with supporting the group. To do this you are in constant communication with drivers as well internal & external clients. You will be responsible for a fleet of trucks that transport freight across North America. You will use strong planning and communication in an effort to work with our Sales and Operations Teams in a collaborative fashion.
- Successfully plan and schedule drivers, truck loads and routes.
- Communicate with the Customer Service, Maintenance, and Compliance Teams to relay necessary information.
- Ensure effective utilization of Company’s equipment and resources.
- Communicate specific freight requirements and procedures to drivers.
- Develop strong working relationships with company drivers and owner operators.
- Work to ensure the needs of our driving staff is met while balancing the importance of customer service.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post- secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two years of previous experience working as a dispatcher, logistics coordinator, or transportation customer service role is a definite asset.
- Must have impeccable organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have solid foundation and understanding of the transportation industry and the rules and regulations involved.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks and changing priorities.
- Positive attitude and strong people skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with MS Office, and the ability to quickly learn new dispatch software.
- Experience in a supervisory role preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation package in conjunction with the opportunity to work with a team of accomplished professionals in a collaborative and stimulating environment as well as benefits, RRSP matching, and others.We offer continued growth, development and support to our team as we believe that our success lies with our people.
Qualified, interested applicants please submit your résumé and cover letter in confidence no later than January 19, 2018 by email to Human Resources.
We thank all respondents for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Clarke Road Transport Inc. is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified women and men; including aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.