At First Student, our Dispatchers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching all buses, ensuring on-time performance of routes, and counseling drivers and monitors on front line.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America and a positive and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Wages and excellent benefits
- Oversees all routes and scheduling of buses
- Counsels and coaches drivers and monitors
- Handles heavy phone and radio traffic
- Reports complaints to Operations Supervisor/Contract Manager
- Serves as primary communication liaison with major contracted customer
- May handle charter reservations, billing, or driver payroll
- Provides solutions to drop-off and pick-up problems
- Schedule back-up driver duties
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties as needed
- Completes assignment of special projects
- Assists with supervision of day-to-day operations
Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience dispatch or supervisory experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate
- School bus dispatch experience preferred
- Supervisory Experience
- Multi-tasking, organizational and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Basic knowledge of radio dispatch equipment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to deliver under time constraints and deadlines
First Student, Canada's leading School Bus Company is committed to putting our customers first, while being dedicated to safety, and delivering dependable transportation. First Student’s culture of team work makes for a working environment you’ll love.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority