CosmoProf is the world largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies and we have 3,000 carrying over 7,000 professional products for our customers.
We are currently looking for a Distributer Sales Consultant for Edmonton, AB and Surrounding Area
- Conducting territory analysis by developing the most efficient coverage pattern for the territory as well as call frequency for major accounts, consistent with marketing plans.
- Conducting basic in-salon product knowledge classes and in-salon education classes for all manufacturer product systems.
- Developing sales, marketing, promotion and educational plans with the top 20 percent of customers by product and concept based on customer history.
- Assisting salons in developing, planning, implementing, monitoring and tracking results of all in-salon promotions, programs and concepts. Responsible for the service, sales development and accounts receivable of all salons.
- Establishing a business relationship to gain customers’ trust and confidence so that selling and customer service can be delivered more effectively. Utilize cold-calling techniques to generate new customers. Determining customers’ needs and offering products and services to meet those needs.
- Establishing major account call reporting customer profile cards that contain pertinent account data and includes facts that accurately outline marketing, sales and merchandising strategy levels in each major account.
- Implementing and maintaining a current and effective customer visit schedule. Obtaining approval of the schedule and informing the Sales Manager of any changes to it as far in advance as possible.
- Implementing advertising and merchandising programs and survey assignments to complete marketing services and support to each account.
- Developing, with Sales Manager approval, specific distribution and volume objectives for each account with systems to report regularly on the progress.
- Reporting weekly to the Sales Manager regarding calls, visits, orders, follow-up plans, assistance needed, status of sales progress, and so on.
- Complying with procedures regarding processing customer returns to include picking up the returns from the customer and completing required documents.
- Attending all meetings, functions and events and maintaining regular communication as established by the Company or the Sales Manager. Attending shows and participating in the setup and dismantling of displays, booths, back stock and performing other physical activities that might be required.
- Bachelors degree in related field. Merchandising degree preferred.
- Two years of outside sales experience selling both tangible products and associated services.
- Working knowledge of retail sales, inventory control systems and visual merchandising strongly preferred.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to effectively work independently.
- Ability to present a professional image and interact positively with the public.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively and comfortably speak before large groups of people.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, age, religion, nation origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or other categories protected by law.
- Flexible Schedules