The position of Project Coordinator reports to the Project Manager. The job encompasses the Drafting, and managing of all projects & people to achieve profitability. This position coordinates and communicates effectively with the Project Manager, Draftsmen, Plant & Site Labour.
- Team leader for all draftsmen.
- Create weekly to do lists for drafting team.
- Create and update drafting standards.
- Create shop drawings; First Submittals, 2nd Submittals, Sheet Layouts, Quantity Reports, Site Dimensions, For Construction, Fabrication Tickets and As Built Drawings.
- Supervise the shop drawings stage for the rest of the drafting team. Make sure projects are done with the right content & in a timely manner.
- Manage projects and ensure overall profitability control of all project costs; administration of contract through to completion in conjunction with the Site Superintendent or Sub-contractor.
- Update & review weekly Quantity reports and Job cost Reports.
- Coordinate key issues with drafting, Shop, Site, and General Contractor.
- Provides a bill of materials and labour cost analysis to Plant & Site Sub-contractor in a timely fashion.
- Handle change notices involves paperwork and communication with the general contractor and related corporate personnel.
- Time on the job site is generally required for projects to ensure successful completion of project.
- Shipping and receiving products as required.
- Involved in hiring and terminating Project Managers who aren’t succeeding.
- Ensures CNC machine schedule is properly coordinated.
- Works close with Superintendent for project completion success.