Early Childhood Education Program Assistant
Advanced Care & Education – ACE Daycare believes in providing a safe, happy, relaxed and positive environment for children where communication and positive self-image is constantly practiced and valued. Our belief is that children learn best through hands-on experiences and through individual and group play that is assisted by the teacher.
Parents are very happy to know that quality daycare services based on Jewish culture is now available in the Greater Toronto Area. Our main goal is to ensure parents that their children always feel at home even they if they are away from home. We continue delivering on our promise of providing the best possible day care programs to all our clients.
At this time, we are looking for an experienced Early Childhood Education (ECE) Program Assistant who will be responsible for overseeing the daycare’s special curriculums and after-school programs. The successful candidate must be very knowledgeable in early childhood programs with specialization in Eastern European culture and traditions. A person in this role must be very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. You must also be able to work well with children.
Aside from working under the supervision of our in-house Early Childhood Educator (ECE), you will be performing the following duties:
- Consult with management and parents in planning appropriate programs for students;
- Conduct surveys and research to ensure that designed programs promote physical, mental, emotional, and social development of students;
- Prepare programs aiming at preserving and instilling good values to young students;
- Assist in activities such as Circle Time, Drama time, Block-Building, story-telling and music appreciation, Arts and Crafts, and Science and Sensory;
- Prepare written observations on students’ behavior and suggest alternative programs at staff meetings to ensure that children receive all necessary in-class guidance;
- Assist ECE during classes and in implementing child-care programs and activities;
- Maintain daycare supplies and equipment on daily basis and requisition them, when necessary;
- Ensure healthy, safe and secure environment and comply to the daycare centre regulations;
- Carry out instructions of ECE in their absence.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· College diploma or University degree in Early Childhood Education or Special Education (SPED),
· At least 2 years of experience as an Early Childhood Educator,
· OR at least 3+ years of experience as an Early Childhood Educator Assistant,
· Thorough knowledge of Eastern European culture and traditions,
· Excellent English and French skills to communicate effectively with other staff members and students,
· Other languages such as Russian and Hebrew will be an asset,
· Previous experience working with kids with special needs is considered a great asset,
· Great interpersonal and problem-solving skills,
· Up-to-date Police certificates and detailed reference letters from previous employers.
- Permanent, full-time position,
- $17.00 - $19.00 per hour for 35 hours work week. Applicable overtime rate will apply after 44 hours of work per week,
- School location: 941 Rutherford Road, Thornhill (Vaughan), Ontario L6A 1S2,
- Any travel-related expenses will be paid by the daycare.
We believe in employees who are engaged and strive to learn more in their daily job. We seek out employees who can adapt to children quickly and are willing to go the extra mile for our students.
Does this sound like you?
Please apply with your resume through emailat email@example.comHelp.
Kindly write ECE Program Assistant on the Subject field. Candidates suitable for this position will be contacted for an in-person interview. Please do not contact us directly.
Please visit our website at http://www.acedaycare.com/ to know more about our programs and services.