Minatech has over 40 years of combined machinery design and development experience with over 20 registered inventions and patents. Our strength and core competency are in custom automation system design and development. Minatech prides itself on being staffed with professional mechanical and electrical designers, electricians and millwrights.
At Minatech, we recognize and appreciate that our success has always been a direct result of the abilities of our people. We take pride in our staff and believe that we employ some of the finest skilled tradespeople in the nation. Our growing business is now looking for a new addition to our machinery manufacturing department in the capacity of Electrical Mechanic specializing in Robotic Equipment (NOC 7333).
The ideal candidate would possess sound knowledge of electrical equipment and previous hands-on experience with machinery manufacture/ maintenance and will mainly work with our existing robotic systems and technologies.
In this position, you would be fulfilling the following duties and responsibilities:
· Test equipment functioning and facilitate troubleshooting of the following components, as necessary: robotic arms and end of arm tools, transformers, generators, electrical and industrial motors, switchgears, ultrasound blades and other electrical components;
· Detect and repair any electro-mechanical issues in components and apparatus to ensure their smooth functioning and operating conditions;
· Replace faulty wiring, tubes, shafts and commutators in a timely manner, if they cannot be fixed;
· Conduct assembly and testing of new electrical equipment, as well as ensure its proper functioning;
· Rebuild/redesign existing electrical equipment in case of numerous issues affecting machinery operations and to ensure its functionality;
· Install new Bakery Systems consisting among others of FANUC Robotics line tracking technology;
· May provide weekly maintenance of machineries to ensure precision and consistency of finished products;
· Perform all above-mentioned duties in accordance with health and safety standards and company policies;
· Report to management on any safety hazards related to manufacturing process of electrical components in order to address them in a timely manner.
· High school diploma;
· 2+ years of full-time experience in a similar capacity with at least 1 of them being related to troubleshooting and repair of various electro-mechanical gears and devices;
· Previous experience testing and repairing high-caliber robotic technological systems in manufactory;
· Profound knowledge of electrical machines;
· Excellent time and stress management skills;
· Willing to travel on business matters (all expenses to be covered by the company);
· Demonstrated ability to function both independently and with good judgment in a team;
· Ability to efficiently work and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Post-secondary certificate in a related field, such as Electrical Mechanics, Electrical Repair/ Installation, or alike;
· Completed First Aid training or course;
· Previous experience in industrial equipment installation;
· Good communication and interpersonal skills;
· Full-time, permanent position;
· Compensation: $26.50 for 35-hours work week;
· Overtime pay will be applied after 44 hours of work per week at 1.5 times of regular pay;
· Friendly environment of experienced and knowledgeable professionals.
Location of work:
· 910 Rowntree Dairy Rd, Woodbridge, ON L4L 5W5
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and you meet all the requirements stated above, please apply with your resume to this job posting.
We thank all our candidates, but please do not contact the employer directly as only those who qualify will be contacted for the interview.