A.S.P. Incorporated is powered by our people. A team unlike any other within the security industry. We embrace change, challenge and client expectations. We continuously implement new strategies and strive for an environment which creates a culture of constant improvement.
A.S.P. Incorporated has provided security and concierge services for over 17 years to clients in Ontario and Alberta. We currently employ in excess of 1000 Guards Company wide.
Our integrity as a service provider helps ensure we honour all our commitments to our Clients which have given us the honour to provide service to them. A.S.P. Incorporated has the experience, dedication, organization, intellectual capital and fiscal strength to offer a complete turnkey service. We will continue to raise the bar, because at A.S.P., "Security Matters".
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Employee Development Manager/Health & Safety Officer achieves staff training development and competency objectives through task and job analyses, identifying skills gaps, training course design, delivery in person and on line, advising managers, assessing ROI and presenting business cases.
The Employee Development Manager/Health & Safety Officer provides effective electronic, classroom and field-based training to all levels of security personnel assigned to Commercial/Residential locations utilizing global and local proprietary software and techniques.
The Employee Development Manager/Health & Safety Officer manages all aspects of the Employee Development programs, including the coordination of training events, preparation of courses and management of training resources. Training to the designated new and current employees of ASP Security Services Inc. is conducted in a professional, competent and courteous manner.
The Employee Development Manager/Health & Safety Officer is charged with ensuring the company's health and safety policies meet the specific criteria and exceed standards within both Provincially and Federally regulated areas of business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, updating and delivery of all Commercial and Residential training programs, including but not limited to: Security and Multiculturalism, Non-violent crisis intervention, Access & Egress Control Procedures, Critical Incident Management, Bomb Threat Response Procedures & Reporting, Tactical Communications and Use of Force, Requirements for Officer Safety/Simulation Exercises, and CPR/First Aid
- Lead, develop and execute overall strategic plans and framework for training and development, ensuring alignment with business strategy and needs, including recommendations for improvement that will increase the effectiveness or benefit the service delivery to our clients and developing new programs and course curriculum as required
- Responsible for administering site specific training and refresher training, tracking and reporting on course participation and employee re-certification and refresher training requirements. Performs site audits: Site testing, penetration testing and customer service testing during random intervals throughout the day and evening, including weekends
- Ensure all documentation and training meets company and clients' expectations, and satisfies legal and regulatory standards required by Provincial governing bodies and be able to present evidence of such in audits. Participating in communication with governing bodies on non-compliance.
- Developing, maintaining and tracking of electronic training modules for on-the-job training
- Research and recommend external 3rd party providers who assist with building internal training programs, ie. Customer Service training
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time, within the GTA. Ability to participate in regular travel as the company grows nationally, to ensure consistent training programs are implemented in new areas of business
- Continually monitors the effectiveness of course materials and instructors, and trains new instructors to meet acceptable company standards
- Prepares a training plan outlining site visits to ensure that all sites are visited at minimum once every quarter
- Co-Chairs the Health and Safety committee and provides leadership to the committee
- Ensures company is in compliance with applicable health and safety legislation, ensuring workplace inspections are conducted; responds to and investigates health and safety complaints and concerns and ensures they are addressed with appropriate action; and participates in and delivers related educational programs and disseminates information to employees and management
- Maintain industry certifications and participate in industry events such as ASIS/BOMA
MANDATORY POSITION REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in adult education and training preferred
- Minimum of 5 years training experience and/or one of the following requirements:
- Previous security management experience
- Formal law enforcement training or Diploma
- Must have valid security license in the province of Ontario
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must be trained as an instructor in First Aid & CPR before the commencement of employment or be prepared to obtain certification within three months of employment
- Must be a certified use of force instructor before the commencement of employment or be prepared to obtain certification within three months of employment
- Must be a certified Health and Safety representative and received all ministry training
- Must be able to work all shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
- Must be capable and able to work with minimum Supervision
A robust training program will be provided that will include certification courses, instructor courses, site specific training, and on-the-job training with the Residential/Commercial division, as well as a continuity plan of training within the Aviation Division.