Engineer Product Owner
What you will do
We are currently looking for a Technical ProductOwner (TPO) to join our team in Brossard, QC.
The TPO will beworking on defining product requirements in a SAFe Agile environment. The TPOwill be the point of contact to the agile development team. He will work withproduct management to get business requirements and transform them into systemrequirements. The TPO workswith architects, business partners, and internal customers to ensure thatbusiness, quality, and functional goals are met with each release. Jobduties include, but are not limited to conduct story writing workshops,prioritize backlog, clarify requirements, write functional specs when needed,participate in planning, participate in daily standups. This position would be for Kantech brandsgroup and reports to the director of Engineering.
How you will do it
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Work closely with Business Partners to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value.
- Animate story writing workshops with scrum team and stakeholders.
- Define acceptance criteria in user stories.
- Act as a focal point for internal customers to address with new work and/or concerns about products or delivery.
- Shares and communicates their feedback effectively to ensure successful delivery by the entire team.
- Be present in daily standups to clarify issues if necessary and in sprint demos.
- Provide constant feedback to scrum team on customer needs.
- Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize objectives, stories and initiatives to ensure that are aligned with product strategy.
What we look for
Skills,Knowledge and Experience:
·BS degree in Computer Science,Information Systems or related discipline
·Three to five years’ experience asTPO.
·Excellent knowledge of AgileProcesses.
·Proven experience in deliveringlarge scale applications.
·Experience in SAS and micro servicesarchitecture.
·Experience working with cloud servicesand platforms (Azure, AWS)
·Working knowledge of DevOps conceptsand skills
- Experience with REST API.
·Certified Product Owner is animportant asset
·Knowledge in Communication protocolssuch as Ethernet, BLE, RS485.
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques, configuration management concepts and tools.
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts.
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability.
- Experience overseeing (from a technical perspective) multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Bilingual French/English.
Who we are
AtJohnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe,comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integratedsolutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent andvehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the worldlives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurialmind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused ontomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadiansubsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations toapplicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance withapplicable human rights legislation and in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). Ifyou are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation duringthe application process, please visitwww.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Primary Location CAN-Quebec-Brossard
Organization Bldg Technologies Solutions