This position is for Integram Windsor Seating, a division of Magna Seating.
Magna Seating is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seating systems, seat structure and mechanism solutions as well as foam & trim products for the global automotive industry. Our capabilities range from market and consumer research, full concept development, design and engineering, testing and validation to world-class manufacturing.
The Ergonomist identifies and evaluates ergonomic concerns while focusing on the prevention of injuries.
- Champions monthly ergonomic meetings with the Plant Ergonomic Committee and assists in providing direction on ergonomic issues
- Assists the manufacturing team in designing processes that reduce or eliminate potential ergonomic risks related to existing or new processes
- Assists manufacturing and production departments in designing job rotation schedules that reduce overall ergonomic risk when possible
- Works with the team to ensure plant ergonomic deliverables are addressed in the Magna ActionLinx database
- Assists the Engineering Team and Ergonomic Committee in implementing recommended corrective actions
- Champions departmental monthly Red Job Reduction plant metric
- Creates and manages station ergonomic risk assessments to ensure accuracy and that assessments are up to date
- Develops, manages, promotes, implements, administers and evaluates Integram Windsor Seating's ergonomic program and procedures
- Trains designated management staff and Safety Committee members on the basics of ergonomics
- Ensures Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) is completed and updated for all jobs
- Assists Health & Safety/Environmental with accident investigations
- As required, participates in plant Health & Safety and environmental programs
- Acts as a backup to complete WSIB claims administration, new and established cases and return to work programs
- Adheres to the Collective Bargaining Agreement at all times, with the goal and intent to avoid grievance(s) being filed against the Company
- Achieves departmental KOIs as set by the Department Manager
- Ensures all ergonomic reporting requirements are fulfilled and status is green/completed
- Follows all guidelines in accordance with the latest revision ISO-14001, ISO9000, IATF 16949, Customer Specific Requirements & CCC Requirements
- Ensures Health, Safety and Environmental standards are adhered to in accordance to the Magna Charter and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Knowledge and Education
Education: Preferred Undergraduate Degree in Health Sciences (Ex. Bachelor's of Applied Kinesiology, Human Factors, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, etc.) or on the job training
Experience: Preferred 5-10 years of applied ergonomics experience
Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to collaborate and influence others, strong problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills, well developed computer skills-knowledgeable of Microsoft Office suite, the ability to work independently or as part of team
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.