Estate & Insurance Marketing Associate - licensed-1800011593
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for supporting the Estate & Insurance Advisor (EIA) with the goal of growing overall insurance sales. The role is responsible for professionally and efficiently responding competently to basic inquiries and referring clients to appropriate staff as needed.
- Provide a full range of administrative functions to support the achievement of disability and insurance sales by the Estate & Insurance Advisor
- Assist the Estate & Insurance Advisor in the preparation and maintenance of client documentation
- Submit and process all new business life insurance applications
- Perform underwriting follow-ups with clients, business partners and insurance carriers during the underwriting process
- Assist the Estate & Insurance Advisor with marketing initiatives to drive additional business growth
- Perform other additional miscellaneous tasks to support the business growth
- Contact internal departments to resolve any client issue or process issue to ensure smooth operations
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
- Support the EIA’s sales and service objectives by delivering service initiatives to the EIA’s clients and business partners
- Contribute to the EIA’s business objectives by ensuring the book of business is being developed
- Maintain files and production reports
- Maintain daily and weekly reports for production
- Ensure client needs are met or exceeded resolving issues/requests in a timely and effective manner
- Liaise with various departments for execution of client requests and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as evidenced by providing an outstanding level of customer service to clients, carriers, and producers alike
- Project a professional and consistent image by adhering to organization’s brand, corporate identity and standards
Risk Management & Controls
- Ensure compliance regulations are adhered to
- Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles Our Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of administrative assistant experience in Life Insurance Industry and with Investment Products
- Provincial Life Insurance License
- Professional development and training as required to maintain life insurance license
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of insurance and estate principles
- Proactively and professionally provides assistance to Estate & Insurance Advisor EIA(s)*(Financial Security Advisor in Quebec) in order to meet client needs and EIA(s) expectations
- Strong knowledge of administrative process and procedures as outlined in BMO EIASI Policies
- Knowledge of life insurance and investment products
- Knowledge of compliance rules (proprietary and industry)
- Knowledge of Ageman software
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, with focus on demonstrated working knowledge of MS Excel
- Proven ability to apply attention to detail, role-related accuracy and task follow-through
- Team-oriented operating style with effective interpersonal skills that allow successful business interactions with individuals of all leadership styles and personalities.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.